[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Ghost Rider 2099

Ghost Rider 2099

Non-Sequential Work. Show off your pin-ups or just shoot the breeze.

Ghost Rider 2099

Postby Adamant on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

I thought I'd start a new thread for my Ghost Rider 2099 work in progress. I'm posting my work in progress page and I'll do updates in a similar fashion to my Judge Dredd piece:

WIP Page:

Thanks!
Adamant
Hero

Re: Ghost Rider 2099

Postby jacen_c on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:41 pm

Very nice work. I was a big fan of the 2099 books. I really loved the grittiness of the Ghostrider 2099 design and that cool techno/flame design around his noggin.
jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby simon sherry on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:08 pm

Nice job - love the overal composition and your rendition of GR 2099 is very cool (gotta love the chain-fist). Great stuff.

Cheers,
Si
Sweet Dancing Jehovah, I've punctured my brain...
simon sherry
Science Hero

Postby Adamant on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:11 pm

Thanks so much for the kind feedback guys. GR 2099 is one of my all time favourite characters so I've been having a metric assload of fun doing this piece.

The techno flame around GR's head will be in the final piece. I decided to leave them out of the pencils in favour of doing them in Photoshop.

More soon...
Adamant
Hero

Postby JasonFranks on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:34 pm

That just rocks.

Did you put an ink wash over the paper before you started pencilling?

-- JF
JasonFranks
Super Genius

Postby Greg Gates on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:19 am

Truly awesome, Briggsy. Even better than the Dredd piece.
Greg Gates
Super Genius

Postby Adamant on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:22 pm

...and one year later I've FINALLY found the time to finish the pencils on this piccie.

I'll be doing a similar colouring treatment to the Judge Dredd piece that I just posted over here...

More updates soon!
Last edited by Adamant on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adamant
Hero

Postby Adamant on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:39 pm

Stage one of dropping in the key colours...

Last edited by Adamant on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adamant
Hero

Postby micma on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:25 pm

awesome work! looking forward to seeing more. well done!
micma
Superhero

Postby Adamant on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:37 pm

I couldn't make it to the Melbourne Creators meet today so I decided to pull my finger out and finish this piece finally :)

Thanks for looking.

Adamant
Hero

Postby Greg Gates on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:29 am

Wow Adam, this really springs to life in the final rendition. The eyes follow me around the room and I can't escape!
Greg Gates
Super Genius

Postby JasonFranks on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:57 am

Damn, dude. I thought the previous version looked finished, but the new lighting really kills.

Awesome work.
JasonFranks
Super Genius

Return to Illustration