[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Interstate connections

Interstate connections

Working for yourself or for a publisher, chat about the business side here.

Interstate connections

Postby rumpusroomie on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:00 pm

rumpusroomie
Master of Time

Postby Troy Kealley on Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:44 pm

Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby bluetoaster on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:51 pm

I think it's a good idea.

Personally, I think more creators might go for it - if the work your putting on your table is similar to your own. I know I wouldn't exactly like the idea of putting some of my more mature books, right next to an kiddie-animal comic.

Thats the only thing I could see as an ethical hurdle.

bluetoaster
Master of Time

Postby rumpusroomie on Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:06 pm

Troy were you trying to create some kind of network like this on the TAK site? I see a link to something that sounds like this idea but the link goes nowhere for me.
rumpusroomie
Master of Time

Postby Troy Kealley on Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:19 pm

Ya like I said I gave it a shot and plenty of people were interested, but just not able to put the work in (myself included). Handling a large number of other people's comics - when it comes to trying to distribute to stores - is a suprising lot of paperwork! Cheifly I was hoping to get a newsletter system to at least advertise Aus comics to the respective stores, but even that requires a lot more work than I thought.

Basically for this to work we'd need to have someone do it for a living - taking commissions from our already slim margins!

I think that pooling resources is the only way to go - thus why I joined up with Local Act. The results speak for themselves there!
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby davidjcunning on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:11 pm

davidjcunning
Super Genius

Postby bluetoaster on Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:47 am

bluetoaster
Master of Time

Return to The Business