[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Erin McGregor - 9th Floor - Adelaide - (MANGA - DONE)

Erin McGregor - 9th Floor - Adelaide - (MANGA - DONE)

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Postby jacen_c on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:19 am

You have a real knack for witty banter- the whole fox/ prince Alice exchange was priceless ("bad touch"- classic). I gift thee with my Seal of Approval:

jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby Washi on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:36 pm

Wo-hoo, right of reply! or just I'm awake and able to type now, horay!

Chuc: Thanks! For a while there I really didn't think I was going to make it, and then I suddenly went from being two hours behind to being on time, with no idea how it happened. I must have slipped into an alternate time space or something. Plus I haven't used inks in a while, so... I remembered how as time progressed ^^;

Edward J Grug III: Thankyou! :: does a dance ::

maggie: THanks ^_^

Pirotess: Thanks ^^; I have a tendency to write mostly dialogue - it's just more fun that way XP

jacen_c: Wohoo! I gots a seal :D I needed a new coat.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
~ Nathaniel Borenstein
Washi
Superhero

Postby TaCk on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:02 pm

i love the subtle uses of the blue and purple colours! :D
TaCk
Superhero

Postby Gary Lau on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:15 pm

Hey Erin!,

Wow, that was a great fairy tale. When I saw the fox, I thought this might have been like a homage to The Little Prince but everything afterwards was a great surprise. I really liked the story and the characters. Fantastic!
G
|
Gary Lau
Super Genius

Postby Washi on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:45 pm

TaCk: Thankyou ^_^ Only having Blue, violet and red/pink sort of forces you to get a bit creative.

Gary Lau: That never even occured to me - it's probably lucky too ^^; I've noticed quite a few fairytales involve the hero or heroine meeting up with a fox - which will almost always give them some piece of useful but cryptic advice that will help them on their way or else lead them to a place where they will be safe. So the fox here is sort of the archetypal fox, with an air of having done this A LOT before XP The floating hands and the cat are lifted directly from a fairytale called The Queen of Cats or similar, only with a touch more of Father Gato from The House of Cats in the prince of cats.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
~ Nathaniel Borenstein
Washi
Superhero

Postby Owen Heitmann on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:12 pm

Lovely as always! Reading this really makes me want to revisit those old fairy tales / folk tales I read at school. Combining those familiar character types with snappy modern dialogue makes for a real gem. And the art is just as strong at the end as it was at the beginning! I loved the look of the last page especially, it's a great note to end on.
Owen Heitmann
: Random comics from out of my head. Sometimes NSFW.
: A pun-tastic webcomic about a small-time rock band. Totally work-safe.
: Sharehouse comics! Sometimes NSFW.
Owen Heitmann
Evil Genius

Postby SB on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:58 pm

wow soooo pretty! I like the way you drew the fox. i wish i could used copics. Nice story too. ....um that's all :P
SB
Hero

Postby Zhezhezhe on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:24 pm

How on earth did you manage to do great art, cute coloring, active dialogue and an interest grabbing story on 24 pages in under 24hrs? You are absolutely incredible! Five stars and a smiley sun :D
Zhezhezhe
Hero

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:59 pm

Utterly enthralling! I love these fables. This was perfect!!

The prince of cats kinda reminded me of that Studio Ghibli film, The Cat Returns, (without the snappy suit) and you knew what he was in it for! And the fox! That first panel of the fox would make an awesome smiling-down-at-you statuette for beside the computer...! :)

Consistently clean, great art (apart from one page where the fox was blue (purple? colourblindness... grr...) which was a little jarring), distinctive characters, and the little tiny dog was cute AS!

Just lovely. :)
Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Postby SpectralAesthete on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:37 pm

Lovely! The ending is particularly awesome, do like how it sort takes the reader back out of the mystical world along with the prince/emperor/poor-guy.
SpectralAesthete
Superhero

Postby plufim on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:56 am

As great as I expected it to be! Awesome work washi - I'm always a fan of a running joke ("Alice") :)
What, a sig? I'll get to that later.
plufim
Superhero

Postby Washi on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:23 pm

~ Nathaniel Borenstein
Washi
Superhero

Postby Egofreaky on Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:21 pm

Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Postby Owen Heitmann on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:30 pm

Owen Heitmann
: Random comics from out of my head. Sometimes NSFW.
: A pun-tastic webcomic about a small-time rock band. Totally work-safe.
: Sharehouse comics! Sometimes NSFW.
Owen Heitmann
Evil Genius

Postby Egofreaky on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:54 pm

Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

PreviousNext

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General