[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Just some pinup-type art

Just some pinup-type art

Non-Sequential Work. Show off your pin-ups or just shoot the breeze.

Just some pinup-type art

Postby H PoP on Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:20 pm

This is something I did for a competition. Just want some feedback. I was experimenting with styles and pen strokes to make my b&w work more striking, without having to resort to colour or tones (Yep, I'm lazy, so I want to save time when I draw stuff).

Used plenty of different pen nibs (crow quill, caligraphy, g-pens and round) and ink on A4 bond paper.

thx. :D

H PoP
Super Genius

Postby Joe Whyte on Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:06 pm

Looks good to me. I like most of the linework, but i think some of it could be a bit cleaner. I think you could probably make good use of a set of french curves for all those background lines.
But i've got to say, i'd love to see you have a go at colouring. To me a black and white piece can rarely have the impact of a well coloured piece.
-joe
[URL=http://www.joewhyte.com.au]
[/URL]
Joe Whyte
Superhero

Postby H PoP on Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:16 pm

Thanks a lot! ^_^

I used pen nibs, although I thought of using it, I don't know how to use them with rulers. ^^; Woulda been a heck of a lot easier. And Dang. I didn't think anyone would notice the crooked lines if it was hidden amongst lots of em :P

I'm still a noob at colouring. I need way too much pratice before I have the esteem to show it here. My colour theories are still too basic. (only recently practiced the reflected light. I need to move on to multiple light sources) ^_^
H PoP
Super Genius

Postby David Yardin on Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:23 pm

|
David Yardin
Super Genius

Postby H PoP on Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:36 pm

H PoP
Super Genius

Postby Joe Whyte on Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:05 am

[URL=http://www.joewhyte.com.au]
[/URL]
Joe Whyte
Superhero

Postby maggie on Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:21 am

"Of all lies, art is the least untrue." - Flaubert
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Lovely stuff

Postby jpaulos on Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:10 am

Congratulations, that's a really nice drawing ... the only minor point is the logo, which looks amateurish, but the characters look great ... I love the shadows on the left girl.
jpaulos
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby H PoP on Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:39 pm

H PoP
Super Genius

Postby practicecactus on Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:02 pm

|
practicecactus
Destroyer of Worlds

Return to Illustration