[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - new illustration

new illustration

Non-Sequential Work. Show off your pin-ups or just shoot the breeze.

new illustration

Postby Frank on Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:34 pm

Hi, I have kind of been out of the loop for a while,house building will do that to you.
I have finally got back to my drawing board and thought I could share with you one of my latest illustrations. http://www.fkennedy.com/digital-art10.html
I would love to hear what you think of it especially the colour work which isn't my strong point.
cheers
Frank
Hero

Nice work

Postby jpaulos on Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:43 pm

jpaulos
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby maggie on Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:00 pm

"Of all lies, art is the least untrue." - Flaubert
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby practicecactus on Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:56 pm

|
practicecactus
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby H PoP on Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:44 pm

Good stuff but the style is overused a bit. I don't want to say this, cause your art is good and seems like it's the style you've settled down with, but it looks generic like it's from clipart. I blame MS for that. But then again, according to your bio, you've made a living out of it, so I can't say anything. Plus it suits the contemporary children's book stories, so it's good stuff all round.

The colour work is good. It matches your lineart style. The lineart is minimal and simple, and the colour is bold and flat. Also the pallette is very children's book-ish, so colour selection is nice. The way you coloured the lineart of the hair is a nice touch, but maybe, do that with the rest of the picture (at least the characters, or the foreground) so it remains consistant (not that it looks out of place or is noticeable, it's just that I noticed it).

The colouring of the trunk kinda stands out tho. Maybe it should be shaded similarly in the way the leaves and ground is?

Maybe this is overly in depth....damn.
H PoP
Super Genius

Postby Egofreaky on Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:35 am

I like it... It reminds me of the children's books I had as a kid...
Although it doesn't quite compare to Where the Wild Things Are... but really, waht does?
Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Postby Frank on Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:03 pm

Frank
Hero

Return to Illustration