superman

Non-Sequential Work. Show off your pin-ups or just shoot the breeze.

superman

Postby Sean on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:02 am

It's been a while since I did a Mike Turner picture... I did this one while waiting for a paid commission of Nariko from "Heavenly Sword" to turn up (apparently that's a PS3 game..? I have no idea, the last game I played was Asteroids on my Atari 2600 back in 1982...I was damm good at Asteroids too. Clocked up a million points during one game once...)

anyway...

Pencils = Mike Turner
Inks = Jeremy Freeman
original published colours are by Peter Stiegerfeld I believe...

cheers
Sean

I colour stuff...
Sean
Super Genius

Re: superman

Postby matt g on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:59 pm

Nice.

Shatner once said "Why does God need a starship?". Why would Superman have a motorcycle?

And if there is one piece of clothing I would choose not to wear on a motorcycle, a cape would be second on my list, behind a parachute - imagine the drag that thing generates at the back of his neck... let alone it getting caught in the running gear.

Actually that's the book I want to see - Spawn's Big Book of Industrial Accidents, featuring Spawn in a 19th century cotton mill getting dragged into the machinery by his giant billowing cape.

cheers
mattg.
matt g
Super Genius

Postby Sean on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:29 pm

he's on krypton (red sky...?) so no powers under a red sun.

but yeah, capes and bikes are kinda stupid in the long run I guess

I'll get onto my ouiji board and tell Mike that....

I colour stuff...
Sean
Super Genius

Postby matt g on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:49 pm

ahh, not conversant on superman lore. can kryptonians suffer catastrophic head injuries in motorcycle accidents if they don't have "super" powers?

is there a version of the superman universe where krypton still exists? do all kryptonians wear giant letters on their chest, or is this guy the one who goes around telling people he's "super"?

questions questions :)
matt g
Super Genius

Return to Illustration