"Nothing Serious" Pin-ups call out

Non-Sequential Work. Show off your pin-ups or just shoot the breeze.

"Nothing Serious" Pin-ups call out

Postby Laocorn on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I've even posted semi-occasionally around here (really should get back into it...), but that's not stopping me from putting the call out onto here, as well as other such social-media-ee-type-sites (*cough* Facebook *cough* Twitter *cough*)...

So after a long discussion this evening with Guy, we've decided to put together a complete collection of the last 5 years worth of "Nothing Serious" comics, that includes (but not limited too, obviously...) the following badly drawn & written atrocities;

Comikaze 2007 - viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3030
Comikaze 2008 - viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4026
Comikaze 2009 - viewtopic.php?f=61&t=4940
Comikaze 2010 - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=14681

As well as the very first "Plaza In Space", the epic (and some-what abridged) "Snail" story, as well as countless other stand-alone tales that have stemmed from Guy's over-caffienated brain.

So pretty much what we're after, and asking ever so politely... Is some awesome (because you're all awesome) pin-ups from any number of you crazy (and awesome, did I mention awesome already? Let's mention it again anyway: "awesome"!) creators!

Basic specs at the moment are;

Media: Black & White or Greyscale preferably... Chances are the final book won't have colour internals but I won't stop you from doing colour versions if you so please (just be warned that they may not reproduce well in greyscale, but I'll find somewhere online to place them if need be)

Art size: Just keep in mind that the final book will either be A5 or Digest size, so no need to go nuts by sending me an A1 drawing, other than that...

File resolution: at least 300 dpi minimum, can't stress that enough. (*cough* 72dpi *cough*)

File format: TIFF, JPEG's, PNG's, etc with low or no compression preferably.

Due date: Currently we're working on having the book ready for Armageddon Sydney, so I'm going to with end of December / Early January, expect bumps on this topic around then.

Keep it PG rated, innuendo is fine, just don't over do it.

Where to send: Email me either the electronic versions, or a link to where I can download them from via. hayden_fryer (at) mail.com, or if you have my other email address, those will suffice as well. PM or Email me if you want to send out copies via. Snail mail (no originals please).

Also include your full details (as in real name or pen name, whichever you want credited) for proper credits in the book.

Given how quiet the forums have been I'm going to assume there might not be much of a response to this, so if there are any pin-ups that come through and are used in the final book, I'll send all contributors the usual contributor copy, and a little something extra for the trouble*.

* Something extra subject to variation.

All in all, have fun! Because that's what Australian comics are REALLY about... FUN.

Fun. Fun. Fun.

Fun.

Fun.

(I really need to get back to the drawing table...)

FUN!?!

(Weeeeeee! Having fun yet?)
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: "Nothing Serious" Pin-ups call out

Postby jacen_c on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:46 pm

You had me at "Fun"! i'll see what I can whip up.
jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby Laocorn on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Awesome, looking forward to seeing it Jace!
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby BMB on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:48 am

Are you looking for specific Nothing Serious pin-ups? If not, I have a pin-up that is pure fun you can use, I did it while I was plastered for no reason other than I felt like a bit of a draw.

Edit: actually you probs already saw it at Facebook.
BMB
Science Hero

Postby Laocorn on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:57 pm

I did it while I was plastered for no reason other than I felt like a bit of a draw.

Aren't most of your comics drawn that way? ;)

But yeah, kinda after something specifically... as tempting as a random pin-up is! (the title lends itself a little too well to have just some random pin-up in the book) :D

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Laocorn on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Quick bump on this, end of the month is a good time to be getting any of these to me!

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Laocorn on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:51 pm

Bumpity...Bump.

Bump.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Laocorn on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:41 am

Possibly the last bump on this...

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Laocorn on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Final bump on this!

Deadline - 15th of May!

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Return to Illustration