Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Official forum for the 2010 24 hour challenge. GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, Ive

Re: Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Postby Tsumi on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Peacemaker wrote:Holy heck, That was awesome! Just as awesome as your last years entry was! Lighting strikes twice...You really ARE a tsunami or something =P

If you have a fanclub, consider me like...TOTALLY in!

(Wonders if theres anybody else about. If there arent, how ironic...I wake up after comicking and everyone else is alseep again!)


Awww, well just go and draw scome scribbly lines on my cheeks why don't you? *blush-blush*

Hehehe, seriously though, I loved your entry this year too, so maybe we can be in each other's fanclubs. ^0^

Everyone else is probably sleeping off their pain. Ohh the achiness! I am going to go splurge on a neck/shoulder/back massage this week and it'll probably be the best $30 I ever spend. T-T
On days like today, when the cold winds blow in my melancholy soul and the beauty of the world makes me shiver tenderly - I miss you so much... Kimchi Pancake....
User avatar
Tsumi
Superhero
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Postby Tsumi on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:52 pm

onegreyelephant wrote:heh heh-- great storyline, coherent plot and a moral all in one 24 hrs! amazing


*bows* Thank you kindly! It was a stretch but I'm really inpired by everyone else's efforts when I do this. To think that so many have forsaken sleep, hot showers and even a decent meal to meet this challenge is just sensational! Go-go Aussie comics! ^0^

Maniphisto wrote:I loved this! Your style is really fun, the coloring was great, and the story was really cute and fun to read! I just loved the characters and the storyline. Kudos on an amazing job!


Thank you very much. I'm always happy when someone says they like my characters. I think you have to fall a little bit in love with them yourself while you're drawing to make them likeable to other people, so I'm assured that my feelings have been well invested. ^_^
On days like today, when the cold winds blow in my melancholy soul and the beauty of the world makes me shiver tenderly - I miss you so much... Kimchi Pancake....
User avatar
Tsumi
Superhero
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Postby felabba on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Morty's face on Page 14 is my absolute favourite. You know the one. I'm sure you do.

This was just so much fun to read! It read like it knew where it was going and got there with confidence. Death was fantastic, Cerebus as a chihuahua was inspired, and then when Morty turned mortal...adding colour to him at the end just worked so well. Morty seemed twice as gorgeous with colour in his cheeks. Seriously - how on earth did you manage to ink and partially colour this? I cannot comprehend.

I thought that they fell in love with each other was very believable too. Good story! Warm fuzzies.
User avatar
felabba
Superhero
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:32 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Postby Tsumi on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:21 pm

felabba wrote:Morty's face on Page 14 is my absolute favourite. You know the one. I'm sure you do.

This was just so much fun to read! It read like it knew where it was going and got there with confidence. Death was fantastic, Cerebus as a chihuahua was inspired, and then when Morty turned mortal...adding colour to him at the end just worked so well. Morty seemed twice as gorgeous with colour in his cheeks. Seriously - how on earth did you manage to ink and partially colour this? I cannot comprehend.

I thought that they fell in love with each other was very believable too. Good story! Warm fuzzies.


There's something very endearing about a man with snot and tears all over his face methinks. ^_^

Glad it read like it knew where it's going. Of course I always planned for those two to end up together, I just didn't know how! T-T

The idea of adding colour was a snap decision that happened when Odette arrived. Once I started I couldn't exactly stop, so it just needed doing. The anticipation of drawing a full-colour smooch fest was pretty damn good motivation though! >_<

I realised after starting that I had to make these characters fall for each other within 24 pages, and that wasn't so easy. My last comic featured a hero who was smitten with the heroine from the start so I'm really pleased to know that Morty and Odette's falling in love was believable.

Thanks for the thoughtful comment!
On days like today, when the cold winds blow in my melancholy soul and the beauty of the world makes me shiver tenderly - I miss you so much... Kimchi Pancake....
User avatar
Tsumi
Superhero
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Postby Peacemaker on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 am

So, Tsunami lady!

Do you have a deviantart or something?
I want to see more of your work, but am not sure where to go :p
User avatar
Peacemaker
Superhero
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:21 pm
Location: Under your Bed.

Re: Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Postby grasshopper on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:30 am

Good lord. I didn't think you could beat death's hairpiece, but then you give him an awesome royal moustache.

Fantastic.
grasshopper
Hero
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:16 am
Location: Perth

Re: Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Postby Tsumi on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:06 pm

Peacemaker wrote:So, Tsunami lady!

Do you have a deviantart or something?
I want to see more of your work, but am not sure where to go :p


L-L-L-LADY??? *horrified* That makes me sound so ooooold (though technically it's true)!!! T0T

Please call me Tsumi-chan. *twitch-twitch* ^_^

No, I don't have deviantart, but I do have a really neglected website if you wanna go sneak a peek:
http://www.tsunamiheeja.com.au

I'm warning you though, all the work on it is pretty old. I really need to up the art content - there's been no "fun stuff" since I first got it online. How un-fun of me! T-T

And I also have a blog, that gets updated slightly more regularly (but only just):
http://tsunamiheeja.blogspot.com/

How about you? Got a site/DA account? ^.^


grasshopper wrote:Good lord. I didn't think you could beat death's hairpiece, but then you give him an awesome royal moustache.

Fantastic.


Hehe, thanks! He is King of the Underworld so a royal moustache is fitting. ^_^
On days like today, when the cold winds blow in my melancholy soul and the beauty of the world makes me shiver tenderly - I miss you so much... Kimchi Pancake....
User avatar
Tsumi
Superhero
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Postby xaverlex on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:19 pm

That was cute. I really enjoyed it. Loved your use of colour too.
Great work!
sorry I'm late, this elephant totally copped a 'tude with me.
User avatar
xaverlex
Superhero
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:00 pm

Re: Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Postby Tsumi on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:37 am

xaverlex wrote:That was cute. I really enjoyed it. Loved your use of colour too.
Great work!


Thanks much. Happy to hear you enjoyed it. ^_^ <3
On days like today, when the cold winds blow in my melancholy soul and the beauty of the world makes me shiver tenderly - I miss you so much... Kimchi Pancake....
User avatar
Tsumi
Superhero
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Postby Egofreaky on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Tsumi wrote:
Peacemaker wrote:So, Tsunami lady!

Do you have a deviantart or something?
I want to see more of your work, but am not sure where to go :p


L-L-L-LADY??? *horrified* That makes me sound so ooooold (though technically it's true)!!! T0T

Please call me Tsumi-chan. *twitch-twitch* ^_^

I'unno... you've been around the traps about as long as I have... There's a photo of me before my last haircut in my thug jacket, David in his commie outfit, and you're looking totally out of place as this cat-maid-thing ^_^

I really should bug you more often to submit something too, as you said you would back in '06... meh...
User avatar
Egofreaky
Evil Genius!
 
Posts: 1603
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:21 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Postby Tsumi on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:11 pm

Egofreaky wrote:
Tsumi wrote:
Peacemaker wrote:So, Tsunami lady!

Do you have a deviantart or something?
I want to see more of your work, but am not sure where to go :p


L-L-L-LADY??? *horrified* That makes me sound so ooooold (though technically it's true)!!! T0T

Please call me Tsumi-chan. *twitch-twitch* ^_^

I'unno... you've been around the traps about as long as I have... There's a photo of me before my last haircut in my thug jacket, David in his commie outfit, and you're looking totally out of place as this cat-maid-thing ^_^

I really should bug you more often to submit something too, as you said you would back in '06... meh...


Shaddap, Avi!!! You're making us sound like geezers here! >_<

Oh, you were serious about that??? I thought you were just trying to make nice. Well if this is your attempt at "bugging", remind me of submission guidelines and maybe I'll get on it in less than another 4 years. =P
On days like today, when the cold winds blow in my melancholy soul and the beauty of the world makes me shiver tenderly - I miss you so much... Kimchi Pancake....
User avatar
Tsumi
Superhero
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Postby Peacemaker on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:15 am

Tsumi wrote:
Please call me Tsumi-chan. *twitch-twitch* ^_^



No problem Tsunami-Lady! :)

Tsumi wrote:How about you? Got a site/DA account? ^.^


Not yet. But if this competion has taught me anything, its that it's probably time to get one!

Egofreaky wrote:I'unno... you've been around the traps about as long as I have... There's a photo of me before my last haircut in my thug jacket, David in his commie outfit, and you're looking totally out of place as this cat-maid-thing ^_^

I really should bug you more often to submit something too, as you said you would back in '06... meh...


You know, I really envy you guys having been around for so long... For a couple of years now I've kinda...vaugely known a community existed, But could never gather the courage to join it out of fear of being totally OSTRACIZED or something. ...Though as to WHY doesnt really make much sense...

Its...not too late....Is it?

Honestly, Being a geezer is a pretty cool thing, With it comes Wisdom, Power, Status, Greater artistic ability...chronic back pain...
So don't stress tsunami-lady! XD There's probably a whole bunch of people somewhere looking up to you and thinking "I wanna be like that when I grow up some day!!"
User avatar
Peacemaker
Superhero
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:21 pm
Location: Under your Bed.

Re: Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Postby Tsumi on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:17 pm

Peacemaker wrote:You know, I really envy you guys having been around for so long... For a couple of years now I've kinda...vaugely known a community existed, But could never gather the courage to join it out of fear of being totally OSTRACIZED or something. ...Though as to WHY doesnt really make much sense...

Its...not too late....Is it?

Honestly, Being a geezer is a pretty cool thing, With it comes Wisdom, Power, Status, Greater artistic ability...chronic back pain...
So don't stress tsunami-lady! XD There's probably a whole bunch of people somewhere looking up to you and thinking "I wanna be like that when I grow up some day!!"


Well I'm ashamed to say I've not been an active part of said "community". I met Avi at the aforementioned con where I was a "cat-mad-thing", but since then I've only seen him here (forum) twice for Comikaze, and last year at AVcon where he didn't seem to recognise me. Oh, he's my friend on Facebook too, which means a lot to me. SNIFF! *getting emotional*

He's got a great community going though.. Oztaku. You should check them out, especially if you're in the same state. There are some other comics folks here in Adelaide who I see once in a blue moon. Next time should be at AVcon in July, but I know they get together and art sometimes. I don't get into group drawing much just because I can't work when there's someone to talk to. I totally failed my art classes in high school for this very reason.

But yeah, online comics communities are a great idea, and hey - you're part of one here, and you've not been ostracized yet. I for one have no intention of being the least bit mean to you -

Oh, except for the narky post you just inspired on my blog.

You've ticked this "lady" off, Bozu! >_<
On days like today, when the cold winds blow in my melancholy soul and the beauty of the world makes me shiver tenderly - I miss you so much... Kimchi Pancake....
User avatar
Tsumi
Superhero
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Postby Egofreaky on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:07 am

Come on! Cat girls? All look same to gaijin!

And I don't totally ignore you... I write comments on your wall and stuff. It's just that as you say, we're not exactly close or anything. And I've totally written messages that are good natured sexual harassment, like when you got engaged :P
User avatar
Egofreaky
Evil Genius!
 
Posts: 1603
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:21 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Tsunami Hee Ja - "Kissing Death" - Adelaide (24 pg FINISHED)

Postby Tsumi on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:52 am

Egofreaky wrote:Come on! Cat girls? All look same to gaijin!

And I don't totally ignore you... I write comments on your wall and stuff. It's just that as you say, we're not exactly close or anything. And I've totally written messages that are good natured sexual harassment, like when you got engaged :P


I know, I know - and as I said it means a lot to me. I'm totally touched by said comments, and not in an icky way.

If you're at AVcon this year I will formally introduce myself. I will say, "YO GEEZER! It's me, Tsumi the old lady!" ^0^
On days like today, when the cold winds blow in my melancholy soul and the beauty of the world makes me shiver tenderly - I miss you so much... Kimchi Pancake....
User avatar
Tsumi
Superhero
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Comikaze 24 Hour Challenge 2010 - General Audience

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron