[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Donna Morgan - Hold On - Sydney (16 Pages Finished)

Donna Morgan - Hold On - Sydney (16 Pages Finished)

Official forum for the 2009 24 hour challenge. GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, Ive

Donna Morgan - Hold On - Sydney (16 Pages Finished)

Postby kodama on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:37 pm

I started at 7pm last night, with the words: insoluble ford crab.

I realised at 11am this morning that 'ford' didn't mean what I thought it did.

Friendly caveat: I’m not a graphic artist, so I’m under no illusions about the...er... ‘quality’ of my illustrations. There may even be some lint on the scanned images. I’m doing Comikaze because it sounds like fun, and out of solidarity with some friends who are talented artists.

So please don’t look at my post and think ‘What. The. Bleep.’ I think I can get away with calling it experimental ^_^

http://www.liveskies.com/holdon
kodama
Sidekick

Re: Donna Morgan - Hold On - Sydney (16 Pages Finished)

Postby breachy on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Nice one, Donna! I can't draw either and get someone else to do it for me - hats off to you for doing it yourself! And congratulations on competing, completing and doing a great job.
breachy
Superhero

Postby Meteor on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Wow, deep and funny! I love the infinity guy and the vegetarian crab and most of all that last panel about holding on to the dream. Never give up, never surrender!

- Anne
Meteor
Citizen

Postby Pirotess on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:16 pm

The "what do you want to be when you grow up?" part was my favourite :)

Really lovely comic, congrats on finishing!
Komala Singh

| |
Pirotess
Super Genius

Postby amanda on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:32 pm

Love it :-) I'm a bit emotional (exhausted) so you actually pulled a real tear - *sniff*

The vegetarian crab is brilliant ... I've had veggie duck, beef and fish, and I love them! I'm amused by the contradiction every time :-)
amanda
Superhero

Postby pomegranate on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:38 pm

Great work, so inspirational and relevant to a *lot* of people right now.

Yay for giant grumpy crabs, he could be friends with the grumpy snail!

And it wasn't experimental in the way I thought you meant - like those crazy arthouse black and white short films where someone is repeating a word and rocking themselves in a corner. No, this is simple and meaningful.
pomegranate
Sidekick

Postby antains on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:23 am

Aw, that hit the spot.

Well done.
I shouldn't be here.
antains
Evil Genius

Postby Nami-chan on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:25 pm

I'd say your experiment was extremely successful! Lovely comic indeed.
Nami-chan
Superhero

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '09 - General