[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Michael Sandford-I Have an Alien Nuclear Bomb in My Ear (FIN

Michael Sandford-I Have an Alien Nuclear Bomb in My Ear (FIN

2008 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, Ive, rumpusroomie

Re: Michael Sandford - I Have an Alien Nuclear Bomb in My Ear

Postby Michael The Janitor on Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:07 am

*SLAMS PENCIL ON THE DESK*

16 hours and 10 minutes
24 pages
HELLS YEAH
Michael The Janitor
Evil Genius

Postby jacen_c on Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:17 am

Boy, that's gonna leave a stain...does anyone know if there's a Janitor handy to clean up the brains in aisle 13 ???

Good work and congrats on finishing with time to spare!
jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby neilmac on Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:23 am

Congrats on finishing! And finishing well within time and doing awesome drawings as well!
Not another 24 hour comic challenge!
neilmac
Super Genius

Re: Michael Sandford-I Have an Alien Nuclear Bomb in My Ear (FIN

Postby Laocorn on Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:35 pm

I'll second what Troy said dude, your stuff has come along way!

And an explosive ending, using "Sqelch"... Love that look of Evil Squid guy when the hero twists the tentacle around it!

Oh and 24 pages in colour, bonzai!
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Egofreaky on Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:25 am

see? See!!??

Everything is better with some cephalopodic action!
Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Postby Owen Heitmann on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:12 pm

Ah, this story totally lived up to everything promised by its title.

24 pages in 16 hours? That's ridiculous, especially for pages that look this good.

There are some pretty funny scenes in there (my favourite part was where he got his hand stuck in the alien's face), but it's the art that impressed me most. It's really expressive and animated and looks great in colour. Nice work!
Owen Heitmann
: Random comics from out of my head. Sometimes NSFW.
: A pun-tastic webcomic about a small-time rock band. Totally work-safe.
: Sharehouse comics! Sometimes NSFW.
Owen Heitmann
Evil Genius

Postby Michael The Janitor on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:56 pm

Thanks guys! :|>
Self confidence +1
Michael The Janitor
Evil Genius

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:25 pm

Michael, that was awesome! You're obviously toiling away there, working on your craft.

So many parts of this made me laugh out loud, which is rare, I tell ya, when you write comedy yourself, so absolute twenty thumbs up for that! 'While I'm stuck in your face...' Genius. The writing was really great. And the consistency of your characters also.

Keep it up! :D
Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Previous

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '08 - General