[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Comikaze24 2007: And the winners are...

Comikaze24 2007: And the winners are...

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Postby antains on Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:05 pm

I shouldn't be here.
antains
Evil Genius

Postby plufim on Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:01 am

What, a sig? I'll get to that later.
plufim
Superhero

Postby wredwrat on Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:27 am

wredwrat
Hero

Postby EdK on Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:33 am

Funny Furry Friends Adventures.
Blog:
http://fffa.livejournal.com
EdK
Hero

Postby Demongoldfish on Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:58 am

-:-
Demongoldfish
Science Hero

Postby Gary Lau on Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:17 am

Congratulations to all the winners and runners up!

Also big thanks to Maggie, Troy and all the organisers, judges, sponsors and supporters, fantastic job once again.

See you all next year!! ;)
G
|
Gary Lau
Super Genius

Postby Troy Kealley on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:26 pm

Congratulations to all the winners - some amazing work this year and you all deserved it.

Once again a big thank you to our Judges for taking the time out to read all the entries and come up with the winners. The judging was very tight - we wish we had more prizes to give out! Hope to see some of these comics at least hit print - (feel free to contact me for tips there!)

Huge thanks also to our sponsors for some great prizes.

Thanks to all our entrants for putting in the time and effort to make this a success.

But BIGGEST thanks go to Maggie - who really made all of this possible. Maggie herself has donated prizes, hosting, domain names etc. all out of her own pocket. And not to mention the time involved setting up the challenge working-bits (I did bugger-all of the work by comparison and it still took up all my spare time!) Basically without Maggie there would have been no challenge. So a big round of applause for our favourite forum administrator :D
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby tonia on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:41 pm

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to the organisers - it's always an interesting weekend of comic reading when the challenge comes around.
tonia
Super Goddess

Postby Ive on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:50 pm

Yes! Congratulations to all the winners! I don't think I see anything on the list I didn't vote for.

And a huge thanks to all the sponsers and the put together-ers.
Ive
Robot Overlord!

Postby rumpusroomie on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:29 pm

Massive props to Maggie, three years ago i came to this site for the 24hr challenge and stuck around because of the possitive community she's helped foster. The amount of time, effort and money she's put into it all i can't begin to imagine.

Congratulations to the winners and everyone who did such phenomenal work over that weekend. Every year i think i get better and every year you all blow me away with how good you all are and it pushes me on for the next year. I doubt i'll every be as good as many of you but i'll sure as heck be in it next year to try.
rumpusroomie
Master of Time

Postby Laocorn on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:01 pm

Congratulations to all of the entrants this year! You guys and gals have done something that many people only dream of doing, created comics. And not only created comics in Australia, but you have also created a comic in less than 24 hours.

Every year this competition draws in larger crowds, and every year it's brings to light some awesome talent. Just because the competition is over, doesn't mean anyone should stop visiting these boards, so hang around and welcome to the community.

So a big shout out to Maggie for undergoing all the stress and pain from the competition, to the co-organiser Troy as well as all of the Judges.

*raises coffee cup* here's to another year.
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby azahru on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:21 am

Zhezhezhe - ah, the creatures eye. The other parallels, I bet you were just making cool stuff up ;)

practicecactice - It was a pretty rockin' story line. With more time and pages (go on draw them, you know you want to bwhahahahah) I guess you could have shown him eaking out a paranoid existence for a page, or have him throw a line about folks recognising her hair colour?? something to encourage her to wear a hat (if she was a master of disguise she might have come a little more prepared).... if you wanted to. Very easy for me to say from the armchair.

antains - Excellent, Duffy was my favourite.

I think next year (if they'll have me back :) I'll do what I didn't quite have energy for and post comments to each individual thread, all the better to converse with
Writer of poetry, prose, comics and song

Things Without Arms and Without Legs, comic about creatures who are kind
azahru
Science Hero

Postby Ka-ru on Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:14 pm

The quality of this year's event was great. I was really impressed with the work done and all who got prizes fully deserved them. Congrats. Thanks also to Maggie and the team for doing the hard work to get things working.
Dave Kerr
------------

Remember, half the people you know are below average.
Ka-ru
Superhero

Location: Behind the broken shell of the old No.6 Blast Furnace

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:53 am

Thanks for the popular vote, gang! :D And thanks to all the organisers and judges, and everyone who makes this as fun as it is every year. It's almost worth killing yourself over. ;)
Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Postby maggie on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:01 pm

maggie
Robot Overlord!

PreviousNext

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General