[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Comikaze24 2007: And the winners are...

Comikaze24 2007: And the winners are...

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Postby Edward J Grug III on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:12 pm

Edward J Grug III
Evil Genius

Postby Edward J Grug III on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:52 pm

Hey, I dunno how we're gonna have this conversation, but I am ok with some dealing on the prizery.

I *HAD* planned to print the book as a book, I never would have made the comic like I did, had I not been able to print it. This diagram shows my genius:

But I had also planned to print it up with a colour cover:
Because I was all excited about the comic and didn't think about winning the prize.

ALSO, I had planned to go to Supernova, had I won THAT prize. So I would be also cool with trading with my fellow Perthians, if they want their comic printed up. I would be kind of cool to go meet you guys, and I could probably drag Jess AND Ive with me too.

So, um, ideas?
Edward J Grug III
Evil Genius

Postby maggie on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:56 pm

Mark was gonna talk with you re: this.
Oh, Marky Mark?
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:45 pm

Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

24 hour a promising beginning

Postby stormwalker on Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:47 pm

stormwalker
Superhero

Postby mark selan on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Submit to
mark selan
Science Hero

Postby Edward J Grug III on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:51 pm

Edward J Grug III
Evil Genius

Postby practicecactus on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:19 pm

I'll be honest, I like the cash. I wanna buy a star wars helmet I've had my eye on. :D
I don't really wanna print mine, but if I did, I would do it very cheaply cause I don't wanna clean it up much, cause it's rushed and not that great a story to be polished up. It is what it is. Cleaning it up would mean fixing up the story too, I'd have to add more pages and just have to completely redo some of them.
But that's
but hey, I'm not a complete arsehole, so lemme know how it all goes and we'll talk.
|
practicecactus
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Edward J Grug III on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:14 pm

No probs, Steve!

Although I don't believe in changing a 24 hour comic before print with the exception of scanner malfunctions and perhaps typos.

If you print a 24 hour comic, it is what it is. And I like what it is.
Edward J Grug III
Evil Genius

Postby Ive on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:15 am

Ive
Robot Overlord!

Postby Edward J Grug III on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:51 am

Edward J Grug III
Evil Genius

Postby Ive on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:27 am

Ive
Robot Overlord!

Postby simon sherry on Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:42 pm

Bit late to the party, but wanted to drop a big thanks to all that voted for me, and give a big tip of the hat to everyone else involved (both taking part and organising this beast of an event).

Cheers,
Simon
Sweet Dancing Jehovah, I've punctured my brain...
simon sherry
Science Hero

Postby hannijules on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:23 am

I just received my prize in the mail today - a signed collection from Gestalt Publishing of 'Character Sketches' (Numerous artists and writers have signed the internal page - I even had a postcard thrown in for nix!)
May I recommend this to anyone looking to purchase a fine collection of stories from some great artists and writers.

And not just cos I won it. Because the book is one of the slickest and most professional looking collections of work I've seen in Australian comics.

Nuff said.

Thanks to Gestalt and to the organisers one last time. This contest rocks. I'll be back in 2008.
http://www.julesfaber.com - NOW REBUILT!!*
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Previous

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General