[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Nick Bate -- Science-Fu -- Heidelberg, Germany

Nick Bate -- Science-Fu -- Heidelberg, Germany

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Nick Bate -- Science-Fu -- Heidelberg, Germany

Postby nickb on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:29 am

Hi everybody --

Long story short. I drew this on Saturday in Germany (11:01am -- 10:10pm). I didn't post on the day because I didn't have access to a scanner -- I figured I'd draw some stick figures purely for my own enjoyment. Then I hit upon the idea of photographing it with my digital camera. I emailed it to <a href="http://forums.pulpfaction.net/viewtopic.php?t=3042">Jen, Trev</a> and <a href="http://forums.pulpfaction.net/viewtopic.php?t=3018">Ant</a>, friends who took the challenge in Melbourne (and produced a couple of most excellent comics!).

Despite the timing and the not registering and all the rest, they made me post my effort here anyways. So if anyone is to be blamed for my breaking the rules, it's them, I swear! Anyway, here's my 9-page effort, Science-Fu:

nickb
Superhero

Postby nickb on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:31 am

nickb
Superhero

Postby nickb on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:35 am

So that's it! I had lots of fun drawing it, in my humid little room on the far side of the planet. Thanks to Trev for organising the hosting, <a href="http://www.xkcd.com" target="_blank">xkcd</a> for being hilariously funny with stick figures, and the challenge for giving me an excuse draw for a day!

-- Nick
nickb
Superhero

Postby onegreyelephant on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:29 am

My god-- and here I used to think science was boring...

so glad you posted this- it was awesome. totally brightened my morning :D
enter the labratory.....
onegreyelephant
Super Genius

Postby nickb on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:28 pm

Thanks, onegreyelephant, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Most people think science is pretty boring, but I can assure you there's far more kung-fu than you might expect!
nickb
Superhero

winded monkey!

Postby STiKMAN on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:42 pm

nice one nickb, I'm glad you could participate!
STiKMAN
Super Genius

Postby tonia on Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:51 am

tonia
Super Goddess

Postby Troy Kealley on Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:53 pm

Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby rumpusroomie on Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:56 pm

I'm sad Mr Nick didn't get this stuff in on the day. We know he did it in the 24 hours cause we were chatting to him during the process but his technology and a crazy fear it wasn't any good stopped him. His humour is great and the stick figures somehow are incredibly expressive. Next year Nick you're entering even if we have to resort to threats of violence.
rumpusroomie
Master of Time

Postby nickb on Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:02 am

Thanks everybody! I'm glad I could participate, too -- it's a fun way to spend a Saturday!

rumpusroomie, I doubt you'll have to resort to threats next year (except for your own enjoyment, of course!). If I'd thought of the camera a day earlier, I totally would've posted it here, fear of not being any good or not! I'm just not used to all these new-fangled UBSB gadget thingamies... :roll:
nickb
Superhero

Postby Pirotess on Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:05 am

Very cool! I'm a huge xkcd fan so it was a treat to see something influenced by it in this year's entries :D
Komala Singh

| |
Pirotess
Super Genius

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General