[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Connell Wood - "capsule" - Kangarilla SA - page 15

Connell Wood - "capsule" - Kangarilla SA - page 15

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Connell Wood - "capsule" - Kangarilla SA - page 15

Postby plufim on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:15 am

Oops! I was so tired Sunday Afternoon that I had to nap, with my alarm set for 11pm..... and totally set it up wrong! Lucky I woke up tonight at all. Anyway, starting late (read the words at 12:30, so that's my official start), but let's see what I can do.... I'll be back shortly with my title page, and then every 3 pages after that.

Now, time to plan this thing. And eat some cookies. I like cookies.

Also, those looking for a distraction, here's my entry for last year:

Edit: title change. And... the title page:

OK, deadline for pages 1-3 is 4am (SA time). See ya then!
Last edited by plufim on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
What, a sig? I'll get to that later.
plufim
Superhero

Postby Alecat on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:19 am

Gogo Connell, can't wait to see what you do!
Alecat
Superhero

Postby plufim on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:14 am

Pages 1-3. I am 1.5 hours late already... but I think I can make it up in pages 7-9, which will be simple and fun.
And ugh, page 2 was meant to be awesome, but I think the dark shading in between the panels doesn't work. Might fix that later.

Edit: fixed page 2, now it looks OK :)

Last edited by plufim on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plufim
Superhero

Postby plufim on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:03 pm

Oh god I am so far behind. By my calculations, I needed to be at this point... 5 hours ago D:
plufim
Superhero

Postby plufim on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:55 pm

24 pages is looking impossible now. I'm going to aim for at least 15... and I'll make sure it gets an ending.

Anyway, the next few pages should be fun to draw :)
plufim
Superhero

Postby plufim on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:35 pm

Somewhere between 15 and 18 pages is my target. I have until 11pm... until someone says otherwise, I'm going to assume that's local time, giving me 3 hours.
plufim
Superhero

Postby plufim on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:35 am

Well, I made 15 pages. I'll finish this comic off over the week, obviously it won't be able to be submitted... but I'm still damn happy with what I was able to do over the 24 hours I had,
plufim
Superhero

Postby Haruka-chan on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:14 am

Love the shading :D and the floating heads. Very cool, can't wait to see more! Good job on getting this far ^_^
Haruka-chan
Hero

Postby maggie on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:54 am

You still qualify for the 8 page category. :) Nice work!
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby wredwrat on Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:15 am

Nice clean work, and I really enjoyed the story too ^^

Heeeeeeeeeeeere's CUPCAKE!!!
wredwrat
Hero

Postby Washi on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:48 pm

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
~ Nathaniel Borenstein
Washi
Superhero

Postby plufim on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:33 pm

plufim
Superhero

Postby Troy Kealley on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:38 pm

heh heh great story again and nicely drawn to boot! love the 'Shining' reference!
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby Owen Heitmann on Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:50 pm

Nice work. Love the dream sequence - especially the "That's not all bosses care about" line. That should have been more of a giveaway that he was dreaming than the giant killer cupcake! Looking forward to seeing it finished...
Owen Heitmann
: Random comics from out of my head. Sometimes NSFW.
: A pun-tastic webcomic about a small-time rock band. Totally work-safe.
: Sharehouse comics! Sometimes NSFW.
Owen Heitmann
Evil Genius

Postby Egofreaky on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:15 pm

One more page of him just 'splodin into the planet, and you would've hit the 16 page category :(

Ah well, it was awesome while it lasted... And now to go and get some cupcakes because I'm easily distracted by homicidal baked goods.
Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Next

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General