[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Amanda Bell - Envelope [manga] DONE!! 9 pages - Sydney

Amanda Bell - Envelope [manga] DONE!! 9 pages - Sydney

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Amanda Bell - Envelope [manga] DONE!! 9 pages - Sydney

Postby Haruka-chan on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:08 am

Last edited by Haruka-chan on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Haruka-chan
Hero

Postby Haruka-chan on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:15 pm

I so can't see myself finishing in time =( My friend who lives in Canberra cam eover so not much happened today. All story boarding done. First two pages done.

Apologies for crappiness of artwork/sketching/perspectives :roll:

I have to restart my computer into OS9 to scan with my ancient scanner so I'll give you two pages then the rest when done ( I'll also rescan these cause the bottom got clipped on the 2nd page :S ).

Page 1

-------------

Page 2
Haruka-chan
Hero

Postby emma-jeans on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:46 pm

I really like the texture of your lines and shading. :)
emma-jeans
Superhero

Postby Haruka-chan on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:39 pm

Done! Woo!! 9 pages ^__^

Have to restart my Mac into OS9 to scan and I'll be back with the pages online in a few minutes.
Haruka-chan
Hero

Postby Haruka-chan on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:06 pm

Page 3

-------------

Page 4

-------------

Page 5

-------------

Page 6

-------------

Page 7

-------------

Page 8

-------------

Page 9
Haruka-chan
Hero

Postby Haruka-chan on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:39 am

My comments (now that my ISP is behaving)...

Started drawing about 4:45pm Monday, finished 10:30pm Monday. Next year I'll make sure to put aside 24 whole hours...

Just a note, I've never been on an ocean liner ^_^ so if anything looks out of place I can't really help that (I only had a bit of time to google some images).

Secondly I really suck at drawing proper anatomy, I haven't bothered to draw like that in about 5 years (normally I draw everything chibi style) so if Anna looks a bit wonky... that's why ^^; It also means I normally need a LOT of time to make sure hands and arms look realistic and limbs are bending/sitting appropriately. So I was kinda cying/laughing at some of these drawings..

page 2 - I didn't think it was obvious is was a ramp due to my crappy sketching ^^;
page 3 - panel 1 'Anna was surprised at the largely out-of-proportion furniture that looked like it was made for giants' :p bottom panel 'she was also very worried about these blob people that seemed to be everywhere and hoped she wasn't on their dinner menu'
page 4 - panel 1, that is supposed to be a piano and harp on the stage (imagination is a wonderful thing :D ) it appears some tables lost their legs...whoops! panel 3, couldn't be bothered drawing the waiter again... go go crappy shading filling white spaces~ OOPS! Anna is not surprised at the fact her plate/knife/fork suddenly disappeared ^^;;;
page 5 - hands... arm position... argh... must not look :'(
page 6 - I am impressed with my figure ability lol! It's not too bad even for me + rapidly sketching ^_^v Looks like Anna lost her eyebrows though :p
page 7 - much shading of sky = night time ^^; big moon help? :D I always wanted to draw an anime/manga unrealisticly big moon ^__^ last panel, that's meant to be someone hiding around the corner
page 8 - middle panel makes me laugh/claw my eyes out (I doubt I'd be able to draw decent looking walking without spending a day on it alone). Bottom panel = one reason I've always wanted to draw big pretty moon ^_^ oh and I can't draw people kissing well :<
page 9 - window *cough* was running out of time. Her Mum isn't 60 even if she looks it lol.....my friend reckons she looks like a ghost in the last panel (sitting on the extremely long bed :D ). Last panel, I forgot to shade Anna's hair >_<

I'm a sucker for a romance, I tried to make it have a twist at the end though. So the doctor isn't tacked onto the last page...he's just a late plot device ^_^

emma-jeans, thanks ^_^ I think that hand-drawn tones can be much nicer in manga than tone sheets, so I'm glad you liked my quick textures :)
Haruka-chan
Hero

Postby TaCk on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 am

I enjoyed it and am glad you finished! :|>
TaCk
Superhero

Postby wredwrat on Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:09 am

That was cute! Nice twist
wredwrat
Hero

Postby Haruka-chan on Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:53 pm

TaCk: Thanks ^_^ I wish I'd put more time in than 5 hours of scribbling madly though :roll:

wredwrat: Thanks! This is my first time doing the 24hr comic, I read a couple of last years... but after reading this year's entries mine seems so plain (and unrealistic? shouldn't she be running around going 'stalker!!!' hehe, I like my rose-coloured glasses).
Haruka-chan
Hero

Postby Gary Lau on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:25 am

Hey Amanda!

Well done! I liked it and thought it was cute, too. You did pretty good considering all the stuff you had against you this year like sickness and friend visiting from Canberra. I liked the twist ending, too! :)
G
|
Gary Lau
Super Genius

Postby onegreyelephant on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:42 am

great effort :D
but you have to watch out for those people from canberra-- they suck time like a space vacuum.....
enter the labratory.....
onegreyelephant
Super Genius

Postby Egofreaky on Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:43 pm

Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Postby Haruka-chan on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:43 pm

Gary: Thanks ^_^ glad you liked it. Anytime I draw something it's usually doomed to look cute :D I can't refuse (even when I draw 'bad guys').

onegreyelephant: I know! My whole weekend disappeared so quickly ^_^ Must be because he's a maths person....bent the space-time continuum.

Egofreaky: Thanks ^_^ Yuri is so much better anyway, lol.

I was just using a mechanical 0.5 Pilot pencil (don't ask what sort of lead...HB or 2B most likely) and an A5 sketch book. Normally the pencil isn't too bad when I'm actually taking my time... but it didn't seem to like me as much trying to quickly sketch with it :roll: It also became annoying when the current lead ran out halfway through (it's entirely possible there was a HB and 2B lead in there lol) and refused to do sharp lines.

Additionally my ancient scanner probably didn't help (ancient as in from 1995) ;) I should really buy decent equipment to draw with I suppose... I can't really draw well with a tablet just yet either:
Haruka-chan
Hero

Postby Owen Heitmann on Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:10 am

I liked the pencil textures. The mystery set-up with the envelopes was quite intriguing. The kissing scene looked great to me, and the twist at the end was pretty much the opposite of what I've come to expect from anything associated with manga, and was therefore quite unexpected.
Owen Heitmann
: Random comics from out of my head. Sometimes NSFW.
: A pun-tastic webcomic about a small-time rock band. Totally work-safe.
: Sharehouse comics! Sometimes NSFW.
Owen Heitmann
Evil Genius

Postby LauraSeabrook on Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:18 am

I just l-o-v-e the final twist! :D
Laura S
LauraSeabrook
Evil Genius

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General