[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - wredwrat & amei-"Home is Where She is" - Perth

wredwrat & amei-"Home is Where She is" - Perth

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Postby ninjacat on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:06 am

Aw, that's sad, but very well done.
ninjacat
Hero

Postby Alecat on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:11 am

Alecat
Superhero

Postby maggie on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:20 am

I'm with Troy.

I have to say that after looking at every angle I can think of and doing a lot of time transposition in my head (probably a bad place for that - heh), I don't see how you could _not_ have started earlier as you say based on your postings and the files themselves.Otherwise, you drew 7 or 8 pages in the space of an hour or so. ;)
(or to look at it another way, if you cheated, you cheated outright - and there's no way to check that and you would undoubtedly have remembered to post while planning your cheat. hehe)

So, based on when you and the files posted (and when) and based on knowing your abilities (anyone who hasn't, click on her profile and check it out. seriously) I have to say that this doesn't smell of 'cheat' at all. If anyone disagrees, please email us (link on the Comikaze24 site) and make your case.

My 2cents,
Maggie
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby Zhezhezhe on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:05 am

FANTASTIC work guys. It does seem almost too good to be possible, but then again you are two people. Teamwork really paid off well here, loved the shadowing and the story was great
Zhezhezhe
Hero

Postby Wanno on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:06 am

That is AMAZING.And Im so glad you qualify - good job!
Wanno
Superhero

Postby emma-jeans on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:13 pm

emma-jeans
Superhero

Postby under_indie_alt on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:24 pm

This is superb. I rarely get to use the word superb.
under_indie_alt
Superhero

Postby Pirotess on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:09 pm

Augggh you guys are awesome, your styles work so well together... and the story is so heartmeltingly lovely!

Maggie/Troy: Amei messaged me to say they were both nutting out the story just after 1am, so I can at least vouch for them having done it in 24 hours. XD
Komala Singh

| |
Pirotess
Super Genius

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:48 pm

Wow.

That is all.
Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Postby rumpusroomie on Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:12 pm

Congrats guys that is just... WOW.

Great work.
rumpusroomie
Master of Time

Postby Gary Lau on Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:33 pm

Hey Wredwrat and Amei!

Wow, absolutely amazing! Really great story and artwork. You both have my utmost respect and admiration, well done!!
G
|
Gary Lau
Super Genius

Postby wredwrat on Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:51 am

Whoops, just re-read my old posts and realised that I was going off on a wah tangent back there. Sorry about that. Ah well, I've had my sleep now and am back to normal again. =P

Troy and Maggie, thanks for your input on the subject of the placeholder posting. It's great to hear that we still qualify, but we completely understand if our entry needs to be omitted from the judging since it was kinda a sticky issue. I sounded pretty upset yesterday because that was when our mess-up had freshly hit us that it looked like we took more than 24 hours, but right now after settling back to our daily routines we are just happy that we know we did succeed, be it with or without the proof. The challenge helped us realise that we work well as a team under pressure. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed the state of productivity it forced us into. :)

Thank you everyone, for your comments!
wredwrat
Hero

Postby hannijules on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:23 pm

http://www.julesfaber.com - NOW REBUILT!!*
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby Haruka-chan on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:40 pm

Wow your artwork is amazing! Loved the story too ^_^ I love all the subtle emotions on the characters faces and the period clothes :D
Haruka-chan
Hero

Postby antains on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:19 pm

I shouldn't be here.
antains
Evil Genius

PreviousNext

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General