[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Troy Kealley - Take On Me - Perth

Troy Kealley - Take On Me - Perth

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Troy Kealley - Take On Me - Perth

Postby Troy Kealley on Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:37 pm

Yay - I'm finally free to comic!! Everything has conspired against me this weeked but all challenges are resolved and now it's time to draw!

So officially I'm starting now. Being that I'm not eligible for prizes I guess that doenslt matter but want to get into the spirit anyway! But for you 80's children - yes, this is based on the classic A-Ha video clip - a 'homage' as Quentin Tarantino would call it! A very tongue in cheek one at that. We'll see how it goes!!

Off to the drawing board - back soon with pages.
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby Troy Kealley on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:02 am

ha ha ha .... oh the cosmic joke... after several interruptions (and spending far too long drawing a 1966 grand prix racer) i've got 6 pages done and now my scanner won't work. sigh - it just wasn't meant to be this year.

So bugger it - anyway i'm supposed to be watching everyone else so back to that task i go! I'll try to finish it during the week. It's really good i promise! (great - now it will never live up ot expectations!) well I'm happy with the story and so far the art is decent. :p
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby ThomasCarter on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:14 am

Taaaakkkee ooooonnn meeeeee!
TAAAAKKKEEE MEEEEE OOOONNNN!!

That's a shame Troy. I was hoping to see your comic.
ThomasCarter
Superhero

Postby Troy Kealley on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:19 am

well hopefully i drawit better than i sing it! I got booed off stage in Singstar!!
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby Troy Kealley on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:53 am

well the best i could get off the scanner... just to show i was trying :'(

Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby ThomasCarter on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:59 am

The grainy look of the scan actually makes it look like an old silent movie. Interesting though probably unintended effect.

Does it have dialogue?
ThomasCarter
Superhero

Postby Troy Kealley on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:05 am

yeah it's supposed to have dialogue but don't have time to do it now. was supposed to get tomorrow off work but too much to do. such is life.
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby jacen_c on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:13 am

Looking forward to the rest Troy. As said child of the 80s, A-Ha rocks (I did a little homage to it in one of my Monthly Challenges). Looking forward to the rest.
jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby Gary Lau on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:38 pm

Hey Troy!

Too bad to hear that you never got to finish this. It's looking damn sweet and would have like to see where you were going with it all. Are you stoked that they are making a Speed Racer movie or not?
G
|
Gary Lau
Super Genius

Postby Edward J Grug III on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:47 pm

Looks great so far. I was just checking out your new pages of Owen too. Man, you have really gotten better an better!

Can't wait to see them finished!
Edward J Grug III
Evil Genius

Postby Demongoldfish on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:55 pm

looks like its gonna be good, hope you can get it finished.. and man i think it must have been a national scanner public holiday weekend aswell
-:-
Demongoldfish
Science Hero

Postby apple head on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:28 pm

The opening shot made me think of the Grand Prix Movie starring Australias very own Jack Brabham who won his last chamionship in the car he built himself :) I think that was in 1966. Anyway he was champion, I'm not sure if it was in a cooper or his own car.
apple head
Super Genius

Postby Troy Kealley on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:54 pm

Ha nice spot out there - yes I did actually draw from pics of the 1966 Monaco Grand Prix - the one which was featured in the John Frankenheimer movie. Love his work. That movie was on Saturday afternoon TV so many times when I was a kid that I could almost draw it from memory! Apparantly Jackie Stewart won that race, Brabham retired with gearbox dramas - according to Wikipedia anyway.

Thanks all - I'm hoping to chisel away at this over the next few weeks - time and circumstances permitting.

Yeah I forgot I've been using the work scanner for all my recent stuff, I think my home one got jealous and quit! That said - my pencils are very light so they're very hard to scan anyway.

Speed Racer the movie? Didn't know about that - but awesome! While it will undoubtably suck - it'll be cool to see them actually make the cars from the cartoon.
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby tonia on Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:15 pm

Oh man - I have that Aha video in my video clip collection I compiled from Rage - such ground breaking animation it was - really like the pencils Troy - maybe one day when you have time you could finish it (or save it to finsih for next years challenge if you don't)
tonia
Super Goddess

Postby Troy Kealley on Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:22 pm

Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Next

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General