[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Jules FABER - 'Dead Super' - Brisbane: FINISHED!

Jules FABER - 'Dead Super' - Brisbane: FINISHED!

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Jules FABER - 'Dead Super' - Brisbane: FINISHED!

Postby hannijules on Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:06 pm

Hi everyone!

I started back at 11:33 but my Internet's been on the fritz til now. See attached pic:

I've been designing for the first half hour and have to go to a gig from 3 til 5 so it may be some time after that that you see my pages. I'm painting the whole bajigger this year, so that may take time and I haven't even worked out yet if I'll be scanning the boards (have had them cut to A4 size) or just shooting them and posting the pics for now.

We'll see. Hope you enjoy!
Last edited by hannijules on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.julesfaber.com - NOW REBUILT!!*
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby hannijules on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:56 pm

Okay, back from the czaricaturing gig and ready to hook back in... though after seeing Caanan's 24 to 16 demise, I'm thinking I may well go the same way.

Time will tell I suppose.

Wish me luck.
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby jacen_c on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:20 pm

Go for broke- 24 or bust...imagine the character from all those stupid Adam Sandler movies saying "You can do it" (Rob Schnieder, I think?). Looking forward to your entry
jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby under_indie_alt on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:38 pm

Go Jules! Woo Hoo!
(How's THAT for inspirational?)
under_indie_alt
Superhero

Postby hannijules on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:47 pm

Fanks chums!

Got five transferred to board. Just getting the paint out...

Sigh. What have I done?
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby hannijules on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:56 pm

Hi there.
Had me some dinner and I'm ready to start posting!
(But don't hold yer breath - they'll be sporadic!)

And apologies for the crappy source files - I can't scan because the paint's wet!

*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby hannijules on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:47 pm

Hi again,

Well this is going slower than I thought it would.
No more chatter! Gotta paint.

No more posts for a while either.

*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby hannijules on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:05 am

This sucks. Should have rehearsed the painting thing as it's just not going the way I want it to. However, gonna try and stick with it - I've got 12 hours or just under left and as you'll see from page 06 there's a plot twist that may just help me (and you can be fergiven if you think I'm pulling the same trick I did last year... because I am. The life of a professional artist interacts with one's hobby when they're the same thing at times...)

Anyhoo, enjoy. Though who's reading this at 12am I don't know.

Sorry one last time for the delivery. I'll do better soon when I can scan...
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby Toiletcitycomics on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:28 am

nice one jules, keep at it man! Gott in Himmel! or however you spell it
Toiletcitycomics
Superhero

Postby ThomasCarter on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:39 am

I like how you've foregrounded your eventually swapping to black and white because painting takes too long.
ThomasCarter
Superhero

FRESH START!

Postby hannijules on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:07 am

I must be insane... and if I pull this off there must be some kinda record in it.

I'm restarting - I did this at Midnight, soon after my last post.
I'm doing the whole thing again in black and white (and grey).

Hopefully I'll get through it all. The paint was shitting me and looked crap and soon I'll remove it from this thread.

Enjoy. Again.

*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby hannijules on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:32 am

More.
I can't believe how liberating working this fast and messy is.

If only scripting came so readily. Sigh.
And so we begin the new pages...

For the curious, the 'Gott in Himmel!' and 'Aaiieee!' stuff was from those old Commando comics that everyone I knew seemed to have a bunch of growing up.
That and The Phantom of course.
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby hannijules on Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:54 am

Yawnarama.
Sorry for the style, but I'm actually enjoying it... to a degree. Much freer than my usual clean inks.

Much faster too. Wish I'd done this to begin with - be pissed if I don't finish the whole thing but I'm making good make-up time (that's like make-out time just not as much fun).

*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby hannijules on Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:58 am

And yes, I admit it, there's a lot of short-cuts being taken here!

Splash pages, over-sized empty panels... hollow writing.
Bugger all plot.
Bugger all gags.

I'm still having fun though, now I ditched the paintwork.
Two inclusions to go and I'm unsure how I'm gonna get 'em in. If only I were a pirate with a proficiency of brains...
Last edited by hannijules on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby hannijules on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:19 am

Still here and still managing to plow through.
Pregnant partner left me a while ago to go sleep so I've only had the awesome Mr Tom Waits for company with his brilliant new triple album, Orphans. Love yer work, Tommy.

This one's fer you.
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Next

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General