[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Brett Weekes - The Procrastinator - Brisbane - FINISHED!

Brett Weekes - The Procrastinator - Brisbane - FINISHED!

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Postby under_indie_alt on Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:02 am

Bang. That's it. I can't go on. 16 pages and I'm spent.
I'd just like to thank my special guest stars Luke and Will. Good luck to any of you poor suckas still goin! G'night!
under_indie_alt
Superhero

Postby jacen_c on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:01 am

Very funny. Why is it when you start a 24hr challenge every man and his dog suddenly comes out of of the wood work and either telephones, skypes or drops in! I give you my priceless "Seal of Approval":

jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby hannijules on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:52 am

Ahhhh Brett, magnificent!

The last line made me guffaw out laud... maybe because I just finished my 24hr and I haven't slept in what feels like a week plus two hours.

'Anal traffic'... heh heh... awesome.

Great Luke line too. Sounds just like something he said once at a comicbook discussion panel before he left. Thanks for dredging up that memory while you were making me laugh.
Good job, man.
http://www.julesfaber.com - NOW REBUILT!!*
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby under_indie_alt on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:29 am

Awesome! Thanks guys. I've never owned a seal before.
Fun Fact: Anal Traffic is REALLY the name of a band that played at Will's work last night. That was just too good a line to pass up!
under_indie_alt
Superhero

Postby Gary Lau on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:25 pm

Hey Brett!,

I swear there are days I feel exactly like your comic, where every distraction just becomes an excuse not to draw, so I can definitely relate. I don't want to know what Anal Traffic is all about though. Anyway, great stuff!
G
|
Gary Lau
Super Genius

Postby wredwrat on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:29 pm

That was great, totally enjoyed that! XD
wredwrat
Hero

Postby Pirotess on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:06 am

Hahaha nice one! Definitely know the feeling... isn't this always the way when you're trying to concentrate?
Komala Singh

| |
Pirotess
Super Genius

Postby tonia on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:19 pm

tonia
Super Goddess

Postby under_indie_alt on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:21 pm

Thanks guys. You're TOO kind!
...and yeah, it was all about the product placement.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
under_indie_alt
Superhero

Postby Egofreaky on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:51 pm

Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Postby Owen Heitmann on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:47 pm

I think I've seen this idea (a comic about not doing the challenge) attempted once or twice in previous years, but this is definitely my favourite take on it. (It may also be the one that made it to the most pages.)

Nice clean lines, and I too greatly enjoyed the Luke cameo!
Owen Heitmann
: Random comics from out of my head. Sometimes NSFW.
: A pun-tastic webcomic about a small-time rock band. Totally work-safe.
: Sharehouse comics! Sometimes NSFW.
Owen Heitmann
Evil Genius

Postby onegreyelephant on Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:59 pm

very funny! and you have my support-- stand firm in your procrastination I say!
enter the labratory.....
onegreyelephant
Super Genius

Postby Laocorn on Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:04 pm

Ain't nothing like procrastination! Wait that doesn't sound right :P

Either way, great read, definately nailed the whole "any reason not to draw" scenarios.
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby LauraSeabrook on Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:11 am

Do you know, I felt like that in ! This year, due to that storm, [url=http://forums.pulpfaction.net/viewtopic.php?t=3080&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0I didn't get to enter at all[/url].
Laura S
LauraSeabrook
Evil Genius

Previous

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General