[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Gary Lau - Robot's Revenge - Melbourne *FINISHED*

Gary Lau - Robot's Revenge - Melbourne *FINISHED*

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Postby Gary Lau on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:18 pm

Thanks, Emma-Jeans! Glad to hear you found it so many things! :)
G
|
Gary Lau
Super Genius

Postby Gary Lau on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:20 pm

Oops, btw everyone, here's the soundtrack to my 24 hour comic:

DOMO ARIGATO, MR. ROBOTO! by Polysics -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gh-7eZyPWtE
G
|
Gary Lau
Super Genius

Postby David Tang on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:24 pm

OH MAN THAT WAS SO GREAT.

To be honest, I'm not sure about the ending, but hey you drew it in 24 hours. Every year your 24 hour comic gets more awesome, i bow down to your greatness.
David Tang
Superhero

Postby practicecactus on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:03 pm

That was awesome. I love the build- Up to and including pg 11.
Nice touch with the grided paper. Very cool.
|
practicecactus
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Chuc on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:45 pm

Very cute. I love the page 8-9 super double spread :D
studioash.net
Chuc
Superhero

Postby doll noir on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:56 pm

Its so wonderful! Beautifully drawn! I love seeing what you come up with each year! It has everything I love : food, robot, eating scene, kitty scene, killing scene and adorable fantasies! I really feel for the robot, poor poopie :( I can relate! Then ending was perfect left me wanting more!! :)

I have a secret idea I will tell you in the next add break ;)
doll noir
Citizen

Postby Gary Lau on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:14 pm

doll noir: Thanks my love! Glad to hear that you love it all and thank you for all your compliments! :)

Chuc: Thanks, Alastair! That double page spread was probably the most fun to draw but I hated the binding in the middle. Got in the way!

practicecactus:
Thanks, Mr. Cactus! I took a gamble with the paper selection, wanted to try something different and am glad you liked the effect. I'm quite happy with how page 11 turned out as well.

David Tang: Thanks, David! You made me blush. :) I thought about doing the whole "Carrie" revenge at the school dance as an alternative ending but I thought that might have been too predictable.
G
|
Gary Lau
Super Genius

Postby Zhezhezhe on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:18 pm

Love the story. I wonder if it has a moral? Great work
Zhezhezhe
Hero

Postby jacen_c on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:55 am

I give you my Seal of Approval for the best designed character (and cute to boot)- I can see robot t-shirts (especially the pre-boom picture- it's great):

jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:36 am

Awesome stuff, Gary, though I haven't been that dissatisfied with an ending since Monty Python and the Holy Grail. At least you have the whole 'time limit' excuse.

Please tell us Mr Robot grew up and became a wealthy, successful comic artist with babes. Lots of babes!

My favourite part was his revenge fantasy, then he's really just there gnashing his teeth, and being silly. Beautiful!! Oh, and being caught out kissing the air. Poor robot...
Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Postby orangerind on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:19 pm

This is so cute!! :) I felt sorry for Robot .. ^^;
orangerind
Sidekick

Postby Gary Lau on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:34 pm

Zhezhezhe: Thanks, Zhe! I guess the moral would be that revenge isn't all about getting even but just be happy. :)

jacen_c: Thanks, Jacen! Really appreciate your seal of approval, too!! :) I just might make some robot t-shirts in the future. ;)

Li'l Sketchy: Thanks, Caanan! Sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with the ending, so yes for you, Mr. Robot did indeed grow up to become a successful and wealthy comic book artist with lots of babes! ;)

orangerind: Thanks, Kimberlee! :)
G
|
Gary Lau
Super Genius

Postby Alecat on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:19 pm

This was really cute and a fun read! The graph paper works really well here.
Alecat
Superhero

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:00 pm

Hey, Gary! Didn't mean to make that sound bad... in comparing it to Monty Python, I was just trying to say that it was neither a good, nor bad ending. It just kinda... ended and left me a little 'aw...'

I wanted MORE! :p
Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Postby Gary Lau on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:36 pm

Alecat: Thanks, Alethea! I wasn't too sure about the graph paper, so I'm glad you thought it worked, too.

Li'l Sketchy: No worries, Caanan! None offense taken at all. I know definitely what you mean and meant about how my story ended, and if I didn't have the time limit, I would probably have done it differently.
G
|
Gary Lau
Super Genius

PreviousNext

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General