[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Wen Huang - Blueberry Cloud - Melbourne, VIC (FINISHED!)

Wen Huang - Blueberry Cloud - Melbourne, VIC (FINISHED!)

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Postby SpectralAesthete on Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:29 am

A-HA.

Dread to label this finished JUST yet, I might go back to coloring some of the pages in a mo, but right now I want to go and make myself look at least as presentable as the other feverishly-studying uni-peoples, flavour of the season, etc.
Last edited by SpectralAesthete on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpectralAesthete
Superhero

Postby Pirotess on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:56 am

Ahh, your stuff is always such a delight... commendable taste in music too!

Page 22 is corrupt, btw - someone may have viewed it while you were uploading?
Komala Singh

| |
Pirotess
Super Genius

Postby Gary Lau on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:19 pm

Hey Wen!

Nice stuff! Your coloured pages are always very nice and dreamy, in fact this story is very much like a dream. Will have to come back, as I'm can't see your page 22 as well. Well done!
G
|
Gary Lau
Super Genius

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:48 pm

Woo. Nice! Nothing sadder than homeless toys. And I loved that little flourish of rainbow colour (after it had been absent for a while) in the dream sequence part, about where it says 'pure utter bliss'... Hey. You said it. ;)

Excellent dialogue too! Reads so well, with the very colourful language (of the non-swear variety).

The technique of using gaming elements (inventory, targets)... is that a common thing? It's odd that you use it in the first couple of pages and nowhere else, although I think one could overuse that.

I really liked the sillhouette of the girl dancing in the heart. Don't know why, but that's my favourite panel. But it's all so wistful and dreamy!
Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Postby SpectralAesthete on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:36 pm

Piro - Haha, cheers! :D (Anyone in particular that you listen to?)
Also, thanks for the headsup about page 22, I didn't notice (MADE OF STUPID), and I've just uploaded a working version...hopefully this one plays nice. (Damn - people - *reading* things!)

Gary - thank you very much! The colored pages were my favourite bits too :D

Canaan - aaaaargh, the things the little-people-in-your-head will tell you to say when doing a challenge like this. :p Thanks, and the comment on dialogue is *very* much appreciated.
re: gaming elements - honestly, I was thinking of making it sort of...reminiscent of the kind of atmosphere you get in 90s adventure games, if that makes any sense, (a kind of thing I've been meaning to do for a while) but that sort of went nowhere, and just dropped it early on. Same for the lyrics/song references - I've been meaning to do that for a while, this was sort of the failed version.

Actually, come to think of it, this comic used a lot of previous ambitions and failed ideas. :(
SpectralAesthete
Superhero

Postby Chuc on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:12 pm

I think this this instance, many previous wrongs make a right :D
Page 22 panel 3, its an apple tree yeah? It kinda looks like a mushroom cloud XD
studioash.net
Chuc
Superhero

Postby Pirotess on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:16 pm

Komala Singh

| |
Pirotess
Super Genius

Postby rumpusroomie on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:29 pm

rumpusroomie
Master of Time

Postby Egofreaky on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:06 pm

"Bosom friend"?? And here I was thinking Harley satisfied you to the point that there were no more Freudian tits on your behalf... :P

Good job, Wen. It frustrates me no end that you manage to get better as you go in these things ^_^
Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Postby onegreyelephant on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:18 pm

Wow! the euphorical pretty makes my eyes explode. In a good way.

That was an awesome effort.
enter the labratory.....
onegreyelephant
Super Genius

Postby Owen Heitmann on Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:34 pm

That looks fantastic, and reads as so otherworldly - the dialogue is lyrical (even the bits that aren't lyrics) and the story borders just on the right side of incomprehensible to make it fascinating. And I continue to be astounded at people who draw quick enough to even add colour to their pages. Very nice!
Owen Heitmann
: Random comics from out of my head. Sometimes NSFW.
: A pun-tastic webcomic about a small-time rock band. Totally work-safe.
: Sharehouse comics! Sometimes NSFW.
Owen Heitmann
Evil Genius

Previous

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General