[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Alex Major-A cupid's day work- Sydney Australia represent!

Alex Major-A cupid's day work- Sydney Australia represent!

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Alex Major-A cupid's day work- Sydney Australia represent!

Postby apple head on Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:25 am

This is my thread, it's suitable for kiddies, Love you's all!

Kisses!

Alex!
Last edited by apple head on Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
apple head
Super Genius

Postby Laocorn on Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:44 am

Alex... suitable for kiddies, that's unpossible!

Dammit the suspense is killing me here...
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby STiKMAN on Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:33 am

Where is the Major's work?
STiKMAN
Super Genius

Postby apple head on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:13 am

Well The B&W stuff is done, but it's sloppy so I could color it, and boy did I make a stupid. Here's the first three pages, but I have doubt circulating my veins! I don't think I'll make it :(. My iTunes is messing up and screwing with Broadband :( Sorry Komala. It's off now ;) Should of gone all B&W and old school with the pen and paper. I went all digital thanks to Alias sketchbook, my Wacom Intuoso and Painter. All demos from magazines, and I'll purchase them if I win or have cash ;)

apple head
Super Genius

Postby Troy Kealley on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:35 am

All colour! Are you insane? Nice work!
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby apple head on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:58 am

I've done it 3 times in B&W, gotta try color ;) It's not looking good though. Been too busy lately :(

apple head
Super Genius

Postby Laocorn on Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:36 am

Oh man, it's been way to long since I've seen your stuff in sequences!

You'd better finish this dude :)
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Edward J Grug III on Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:47 am

Edward J Grug III
Evil Genius

Postby Owen Heitmann on Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:53 pm

Ooh pantomime! Colours are way too time-consuming, but boy do these four pages look pretty.
Owen Heitmann
: Random comics from out of my head. Sometimes NSFW.
: A pun-tastic webcomic about a small-time rock band. Totally work-safe.
: Sharehouse comics! Sometimes NSFW.
Owen Heitmann
Evil Genius

Postby apple head on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:37 pm

Sorry guys, I past out at 3am. I'm also in the middle of moving my arse To Korea for a year, and I've been super busy and sleepless in general. Anyway when I got home to post up the B&W pages the storm killed the power to the house I'm house sitting. Aaaanyway here are the pages.

I know I missed out on the comp, so good luck to all that finished. ;)

I might rework this or something. Anyway ...uhm I hope I didn't forget anybody, but anybody who I hang out with outside of these forums and I forgot to mention. I'm starting farewell drinks at the Civic Hotel on Pitt street opposite to World Square. It's the last time you can punch me out in Australia for a looong time, unless you catch me on my Holidays visiting friends/family, as Europe is my next stop :)

Hope to see you Komala, Matt, Hayden and David Tang especially. I need to see you guys tipsy before I leave :p And everyone else is welcome to come ;)

From now on I'm making Manwha :P
apple head
Super Genius

Postby TaCk on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:04 pm

don't worry about the comp, just finish it, coz it looks great! :)

and Manwha rules! :D
TaCk
Superhero

Postby apple head on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:39 pm

Don't Worry I'll finish it. Although this particular bit is unscripted and there was no pre writing or drawings per say, I shot a short film that requires a flashback scene. The film was shot and written to fit in anykind of back up love story. So I thought a comic montage would be nice. Gimme a couple of weeks though. I'm just shuffling life around and farewelling friends I made in Australia for the past 14 years. Then I gotta find equivilents in Korea. What would be an equivilent to token Asian friend in Korea?

I dunno much about Manwha. I picked up one anthology in France, and it looked like Manga. That fat squinting bunny is Korean, right? Woo!

Thanks for the compliment ;)
apple head
Super Genius

Postby maggie on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:31 am

Can't wait to see it finished, Alex. And best of luck in Korea. Keep us posted. :)
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby Laocorn on Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:33 am

I laughed, I chuckled, and I laughed even harder when the bomb went off.

Brilliance :)

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Gary Lau on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:03 pm

Hey Alex!

Well done, I think Miyagi would have been proud from page 2. The colour pages were awesome. Didn't see the cupid or the bomb scene coming. Great stuff!

And good luck in Korea as well. Looking forward to seeing you draw some manwha!
G
|
Gary Lau
Super Genius

Next

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General