[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Jacen- "Marty the Fly" -FINISHED- Longreach QLD

Jacen- "Marty the Fly" -FINISHED- Longreach QLD

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Jacen- "Marty the Fly" -FINISHED- Longreach QLD

Postby jacen_c on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:57 am

Greetings one and all.

It's 10:49am in down town freezing frickin cold Longreach, I'm wearing a Bomber's beanie (still on a high from the adreline fueled one point win last night- yah Essendon), fingerless gloves (so I can still open my Pepsi Max cans and grab a hand full of Peanut M&M's- the unofficial sponsor of my 24hr comic) and I have my trackie dacks tucked into my socks, bogan style!

Let's rock and roll.

Once again I shall use all of Friday and Saturday's magic words, together with the three random words I have selected from my pocket dictionary this morning- namely:

Persiflage (which I believe means banter)
Conk
Tegument (a natural covering of (part of) an animal body)

I'm also going to try and give a shout out to Mandy who is having a birthday tomorrow and I'll probably try to plug my webcomic Monstar (the second best thing to 24hr comics people!). In the words of the Mighty Boosh, "Come with me now on a journey through time and space....
Last edited by jacen_c on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby maggie on Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:04 am

Just a quick note to say that Jacen is eligible for prizes as he had to bow out of organizing this year.
The only people technically ineligible for all prizes are Troy and myself (and not being in Aus. now, I'm ineligible anyway).
Mark Selan, Gary Chaloner and Liz Argall are ineligible for the grand prize as they are part of the judges panel this year.

Just wanted to get that in up front so there's no question.
Go Jacen! =D
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby Laocorn on Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:43 am

Go Jacen, Go!
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby jacen_c on Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:36 pm

Page 1:

jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby Laocorn on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:05 pm

Ooo... Marty McFly!... I mean Fly, hmm... Will Zombie Jesus make an appearance???
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby maggie on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:13 pm

Well I guess my comment about being eligible is moot now. LOL
But I'm still happy it's a monstar comic!!! =D
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby jacen_c on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:43 pm

Fear not Maggie- It's not a Monstar comic- that was just a cheap gimmick to start me off. Here's page two:

jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby jacen_c on Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:14 pm

Page 3 (a splash page to help me catch my deadline):

jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby jacen_c on Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:32 pm

Page 4:

jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby jacen_c on Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:08 pm

Having a few technical problems connecting. Here's the next few pages (I also realised when I scaled the earlier pictures I didn't use Smart Resize- will redo them later if I have time):

jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby jacen_c on Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:43 pm

A few more pages:

jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby breachy on Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:19 pm

AH! God bless the lovely black page.

Nice work so far, Jacen. I'm chuckling all over the place.
breachy
Superhero

Postby antains on Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:30 pm

I can vouch for breachy chuckling.
Fantastic use of space, Jacen.
And your fly!
If this was the mature section, I would be using expletives to describe how much I want your fly in my comic.
I shouldn't be here.
antains
Evil Genius

Postby jacen_c on Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:48 pm

Thanks folks. Perhaps I should have done an "All in the Dark" issue- 24 pages of black and called it "Smell the Glove". Here's another page:

jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby jacen_c on Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:05 am

I'm back, baby! Computer seems to be working again- I can once again logon and post- here's a few more pages. Past the point of no return now- in the words of Bon Jovi: "Whoa, we're half way there, whoa yeah, living on a prayer":

Getting very cold now at the computer- may spend more time in front of heater drawing and do scans in bulk (3 or 4 pages at a time). Computer will be on if anyone wishes to Skype chat, but no sleep and 24 pages makes Jacen go CRAZY!
jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Next

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General