[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - emmajeans - Blue - Canberra FINISHED *bigger pics*

emmajeans - Blue - Canberra FINISHED *bigger pics*

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

emmajeans - Blue - Canberra FINISHED *bigger pics*

Postby emma-jeans on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:40 am

Okay! I am going to start shortly (ruling up paper and stuff until the words are posted.)
But first I will ensure chocolate supplies are adequate and the coke is on ice.

*sigh*

I can't remember how many of these things I've done - at least one per year since 2000! - and every year I think I have the "secret" to doing it 'properly'. (There is no secret.)
Some things that help, for me, are:
~ a hot shower at 3am
~ power naps with a loud and insistent alarm
~ lots of fresh vegetables/fruit and carbs
~ massaging your poor sore drawing hand, hard and often.

yay! good luck all!
Last edited by emma-jeans on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
emma-jeans
Superhero

Postby emma-jeans on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:32 am

gah!
I should have included in my list of things to do/not do:

DON'T try to use software you've never played with before for the first time during the 24 hour challenge!

I've done 16 pages, am scanning and putting words in them now.
:)
yay!
emma-jeans
Superhero

p1

Postby emma-jeans on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:13 am

edit: image removed so I can put them all in order below.
Last edited by emma-jeans on Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emma-jeans
Superhero

Postby emma-jeans on Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:57 pm

EDIT: changed the hosting so it might be readable.

Last edited by emma-jeans on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emma-jeans
Superhero

Postby emma-jeans on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:02 pm

Oh, noes!
Typos. pzzasses, and so forth.
Plus, I don't think you can read that the name of the footy team is the 'fly boys'. Grr. That'll teach me to do a 24 hour comic.
(No, it won't.)

Last edited by emma-jeans on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emma-jeans
Superhero

Postby emma-jeans on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:05 pm

Last edited by emma-jeans on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
emma-jeans
Superhero

Postby emma-jeans on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:07 pm

*fin*
emma-jeans
Superhero

:)

Postby emma-jeans on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:26 pm

Okay (this is kinda pathetic - I'm replying to my own thread **again**!).

I have changed the hosting of the images from my blog back to the PhaseTwoComics site. Gavin has worked his magic and has locked the part of the site that is still under construction, while allowing access to my comic.
He totally rocks.

enjoy!?
emma-jeans
Superhero

Postby Alecat on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:35 pm

Oh, I loved this. The use of the pink panels was perfect, and the story was engaging, too. Great idea with great art to go with it!
Alecat
Superhero

Postby TaCk on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:38 pm

well, i certainly enjoyed it.

i really liked the purples, too1 :D
TaCk
Superhero

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:21 pm

Aw... What a sad ending... I guess. If being alone is your definition of sad. ;)

Loved the art, the main girl was beautiful! :) ... but it's the insightful, delicate story that kicks all sorts of home runs. And I loved the guy's rambling conversation initiation. You think he's being genuine, but ends up making a play after all, which puts him in that long line of 'randoms', I guess... SO well told.
Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Postby emma-jeans on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:36 pm

Alecat and TaCk: thank you! The use of colour was serendipitous. I think it works well, too.

Lil'l Sketchy: I'm still not sure if the ending was sad or not... it was a good ending for the story I think. I would've been pissed off with her if she went along with him knowing how it would end.

Your praise makes me blush. ;)
Emm-Art - webcomic updating Wednesdays and Sundays -
emma-jeans
Superhero

Postby Haruka-chan on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:58 am

Great :D very real story ^_^ I love your drawings, and the use of colour (especially the pink)
Haruka-chan
Hero

Postby onegreyelephant on Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:21 am

I dunno-- missing the opportunity to hear Don Burke talk about sunflowers....wow! That would be excitement central.....

But great work! Love how the simple colors support the reflective storyline.
enter the labratory.....
onegreyelephant
Super Genius

Postby Gary Lau on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:16 pm

Hey Emma!

That was great! Great story and I love your art, really nice. Very sad ending but I guess it was on character. Fantastic! :)
G
|
Gary Lau
Super Genius

Next

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General