[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Dave Kerr - On The Run - Mie, Japan (16 pages) FINISHED

Dave Kerr - On The Run - Mie, Japan (16 pages) FINISHED

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Postby ninjacat on Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:01 am

Cool idea with the phrases, here are a few more.
"Nothing but fun, games and small victories"
"Love is just one cliché after another."
"Not the most ardent piece on the board."
"I'm starting bright and early tomorrow so I'm hitting the hay soon"

That last one is true. Can't wait to see the finished thing.
ninjacat
Hero

Postby jacen_c on Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:13 am

Excellent idea- looking forward to where the story heads. Here's my quote...and now I must sleep in preparation for tomorrow:

"Kumquats and sausages!"
jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby Cybermotron on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:38 am

'I am the walrus'
My 24 hour comic from this year which I'm still finishing....
http://forums.pulpfaction.net/viewtopic ... 1956#31956

And the one from last year which I did finish...
http://forums.pulpfaction.net/viewtopic.php?t=1895
Cybermotron
Super Genius

Postby Ka-ru on Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:46 am

I kinda stuffed up. Dinner turned into dinner and 4 hours of karaoke. Now I'm really behind. Page 4:

Dave Kerr
------------

Remember, half the people you know are below average.
Ka-ru
Superhero

Location: Behind the broken shell of the old No.6 Blast Furnace

Postby Ka-ru on Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:46 am

Page 5 and 6. I managed to get 2 phrases into page 5. Yay!!

Dave Kerr
------------

Ka-ru
Superhero

Postby Ka-ru on Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:46 am

Page 7 and 8. I'm already starting to run out of phrases again. More please!! I'm going to get a few hours sleep now, so I'll be back in 4 or 5 hours time.

Dave Kerr
------------

Ka-ru
Superhero

me and lisa got one for ya

Postby comixnut on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:55 am

"To continue our discussion of curved space-time, we can extend our analogy of the ant."

Have fun with that one (random page from a text book).

I am absolutely loving this so far!
-PJ
Keep the child alive...
comixnut
Superhero

Re: me and lisa got one for ya

Postby Ka-ru on Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:11 pm

Dave Kerr
------------

Ka-ru
Superhero

Postby Ka-ru on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:02 pm

Page 9 and 10. I've dropped it to 16 pages, so at least I'll finish on time now.

Dave Kerr
------------

Ka-ru
Superhero

Postby Ka-ru on Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:13 pm

Another double phraser for page 11! Page 11 and 12:

Dave Kerr
------------

Ka-ru
Superhero

Postby Wings on Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:42 pm

Very very cool

I am impresed that you made our line about the ant work

and i love the winged suit
Wings

Postby Ka-ru on Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:21 pm

Thanks! I've been having a lot of fun with this!

Pages 13 and 14:

Just 2 pages to go...
Dave Kerr
------------

Ka-ru
Superhero

Postby Ka-ru on Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:29 pm

Well, it's over. A bit shorter than first intended, but I got most of the quotes in there...

Dave Kerr
------------

Ka-ru
Superhero

Postby ninjacat on Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:55 pm

Congrats, It's great!
Doesn't make much sense but that just makes it greater!
ninjacat
Hero

Postby Owen Heitmann on Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:37 pm

Amazing! Adding in the random quotes was a great/insane idea, and you actually pulled it off! The random dialogue creates the sense of a much larger backstory. I wish I'd been reading soon enough to have contributed.
Owen Heitmann
: Random comics from out of my head. Sometimes NSFW.
: A pun-tastic webcomic about a small-time rock band. Totally work-safe.
: Sharehouse comics! Sometimes NSFW.
Owen Heitmann
Evil Genius

PreviousNext

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General