[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Comikaze24: Problems or Questions (GENERAL)

Comikaze24: Problems or Questions (GENERAL)

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Comikaze24: Problems or Questions (GENERAL)

Postby maggie on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:46 am

Please post andy problems or questions you have for the organizers here. We'll try to respond as quickly as possible.

For rules and infromation, see:
http://comikaze24.com

If you're looking for the Words/Items for the day, there's a global announcement thread up top. (or just click here http://forums.pulpfaction.net/viewtopic.php?t=2999 )
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby ninjacat on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:47 am

Just a quick thing I thought of, do we have to do the pages in order?
ninjacat
Hero

Postby maggie on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:57 am

No, there's no rule that says so (other then the "don't paint yourself into a corner" rule LOL).

If you want to start backwards and work forward you can. Or if you've thumbnailed out your pages and think "I have three splash pages, why not get those out of the way first", that's fine too.

It's OK to do, but the dangers are obvious. ;)
Most prominent of them being - 8/16 pages out of order isn't exactly a true 8/16 page comic if you don't finish on time.
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby Demongoldfish on Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:48 am

the current process i have to go thru to scan in my images is a pain in the ... bum. when i finish is it ok if i just take a digi photo of the remaining pages in a group [so you can see them all but probably not in detail] fall asleep for about 3 days like i plan and then scan them when i wake up... the proof that i finished will be there... just not the high res images?

i'm gonna do that anyway so i dont know why im asking lol, maybe for other people to know
-:-
Demongoldfish
Science Hero

Postby maggie on Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:52 am

That's cool. Try to make em readable if you can or people will cry salty tears of frustration that they don't know how it ends! hehe (me included)
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby Demongoldfish on Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:56 am

oh well i will post them in high res as soon as i wake up. but that will be after the 24 hour deadline. i of course wont edit them at all after scanner [except levels etc.]
-:-
Demongoldfish
Science Hero

Postby maggie on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:00 am

No worries. As long as you show that they're done, that's what's important.
We'll read em tomorrow. :)
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:22 am

Question about eligibility... I guess I'm out of the running, as I didn't finish within 24 hours. 17 pages complete, and the last 7 in pencil only... I'll go on to finish it today before I rest, though... do I shift into the 16 page category? The Scott McCloud 24hr challenge books state that there is the Eastman variation (after Kevin Eastman) who went on to finish his 24 pages within a straight 50 hours. Do we abide by these rules too? :)
Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Postby maggie on Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:35 am

Great job, Caanan. :)
So, each question on in turn:

Yes, you're eligible for the 16 page category (doesn't matter what you signed up for - that's really so that we can gauge participation - you can change at any time*)

If you want to finish up and post the rest, you can do so. But, please either post it offsite as a link or as attachments with a clear notice that they're post-competition additions. Basically so that people won't confuse it as a completed 24 pages when judging it in the people's choice. After the prizes have been sorted, you can add it all together to the thread for posterity.

Maggie

* - The only exception is the manga category - you have to identify your entry as being in the manga category to compete for the manga category prize. As long as it says 'manga' in the title by the time one finishes, that's fine.
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby wredwrat on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:53 pm

Gah, I've run into a bit of a problem..

I'm doing the Saturday submission as a team with Amei, we started at 11pm last night (it is now 5.50pm Sunday, still some hours to go before our deadline, we have almost finished) but stupidly we realised forgot to make an initial post at 11pm Saturday night to mark the start. Does this mean we are disqualified because we didn't make that first post? :(
wredwrat
Hero

Rained and Flooded out

Postby LauraSeabrook on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:28 pm

I have a problem. In the last two days, I've been a) stranded at a local shopping centre due to flooding, and b) without power/Internet from 2am Saturday morning to 7:45pm Sunday (along with about 50,000 other households), due to . We had hot food from a portable BBQ stove after buying the last 8 butane canisters, and the radio (and some light) from batteries and lamps. I'm exhausted right now.

I was keen to enter this competition, but don't really know if I'll be up to it tomorrow (there's NO WAY I could start right now).

What's the latest I could start the competition?
Laura S
LauraSeabrook
Evil Genius

Postby Troy Kealley on Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:52 pm

Ouchies - you guys are having some bad luck up there!

Unfortunately we have to close the competition at 11am tomorrow EST as us organisers do have to return to our (paying) day jobs. You're still free to do a comic but it needs to be done by then to be eligible for prizes.
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby LauraSeabrook on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:10 am

Well in that case I might give it a miss this time around. I really have to clean up here, and put a fence back up, and get some sleep, and so on and so on...

However. I am thinking of doing a 24 page comic about this weekend (maybe called "How I missed the Comikaze Challenge"). It won't be in the competition, but be all about what went down. I might even publish it in the forum if that was OK.
Laura S
LauraSeabrook
Evil Genius

Postby Troy Kealley on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:11 am

of course - the more comics the better!
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby practicecactus on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:38 am

|
practicecactus