[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Comikaze 24hr Challenge: Registrations open/Prizes Announced

Comikaze 24hr Challenge: Registrations open/Prizes Announced

2007 24 hour challenge - GENERAL CONTENT
(ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

Moderators: Troy Kealley, maggie

Comikaze 24hr Challenge: Registrations open/Prizes Announced

Postby maggie on Sat May 12, 2007 6:05 am

Registrations are open!
Head on over to http://comikaze24.com to sign up.

If you're not a PF member, go ahead and click that button up top here to sign up to the forums. All entries and voting and whatnot will take place here. So sign up before you sign up. =D

While you're there, be sure to have a look at this year's poster. (look under News)

RAH!
Maggie
Last edited by maggie on Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby Pirotess on Sat May 19, 2007 2:20 am

Hey Maggie, I know it's awfully unsporting of me to click on the Rules link before deciding to agree to them, but right now it ends up at a 404...
Komala Singh

| |
Pirotess
Super Genius

Postby maggie on Sat May 19, 2007 3:39 am

Fixed (as far as I can tell). :)

Thanks for letting me know.
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby maggie on Mon May 21, 2007 12:01 pm

maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby rumpusroomie on Mon May 21, 2007 4:04 pm

they are freakishly awesome prizes!

Is it just one or all of the judges i need to bribe to win them?
rumpusroomie
Master of Time

Postby Troy Kealley on Tue May 22, 2007 1:15 pm

Just bribe me. It probably won't help you win, but you'll never know if you dont try :D
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

One for ze Overlords

Postby hannijules on Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:44 am

Got a techie question:

Due to work commitments I'll be starting on Sunday morning and going until 2ish before going to work for two hours then coming back home and re-igniting.
My question runs thus: If I were to start on Monday morning, what's the official cut-off point in which the contest closes?

My media is new this year and one I'm excited about, but I want to make sure I give it the maximum time possible (as I'll be breaking the 24 to go to work for a while midway)

Liddle help?
http://www.julesfaber.com - NOW REBUILT!!*
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby Troy Kealley on Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:55 pm

As long as you finish 24 hours after you start. ie - starting 10 am Monday would mean a 10am Tuesday cut off.
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby hannijules on Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:00 pm

So I could even start on Monday EVENING? Like 6pm Monday if I wanted to avoid taking a work 'break' in the midst?

The trouble stems from a two-hour caricaturing gig each day of the weekend Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon + Saturday is chocoblock with work, so it's Sunday or Monday.

So to clarify, because I need to be sure: Starting ANYTIME on Monday will give me 24hrs to finish up sometime on Tuesday?
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby Troy Kealley on Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:02 pm

I'd say yes - but will need to check with the rest of the panel...
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby hannijules on Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:32 pm

my most likely outcome will be to start on Monday morning and just do the work thing midway. May be a good time to think out the ending, the gags the story etc and just bring it all together when I come back to the studio.

Will await the judges decision anyhow.

Thanks T
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby jacen_c on Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:43 pm

Ohh, the time of competition draws near...I'm getting all tingly....shooting pain up my arm....light headed....wait that's not excitement, it's a heart attack.
jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby hannijules on Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:59 pm

Yes.

Though it may be an aneurysm. Happened to a friend of mine right before a 24hr pie-eating challenge. Then he had the heart attack you're also describing.

And he didn't even win.
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby maggie on Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:18 am

hmmm. I don't know where to land here. Technically the challenge ends at 11pm on Monday night. So, technically*, for the full 24 you'd need to start no later than 11pm Sunday night.

But if we have, in the past, allowed people to start a bit early... I dunno. Maybe we could allow for "late" finishes (say, up to 6am Tues morning?)?

Anyone got any comments/suggestions/objections/concerns?

* - and by "technically" we're always referring to "to be eligible for prizes" - people can start and end any time they want. It's just the prizes and judging that are usually the worry.
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby hannijules on Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:10 pm

I wanna be eligible, so I'm happy to start at Sunday night instead of Monday. I think it's gonna work better to actually start Sunday morning and go through from there.

I only wanted to be better informed so I didn't start something at an inappropriate time and blow my chances.

Happy to work within the parameters!
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Next

Return to Comikaze 24hr Comic Challenge '07 - General