[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - WB: Loonatics

WB: Loonatics

Do you think Loonatics will pay off?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:27 pm

Why the fuck did they have to do this!? Bugs! BUUUUUGGGSSS!!!
No votes
I think it's going to suck, perosnally, but I'm sure stupid kids who don't know any better will like it.
No votes
I think this is the best move WB has done since SpaceJam!
20%
Shut up, Ego... I don't really care...
20%
Can we talk about puppies now? :)
60%

Total votes : 5

WB: Loonatics

Postby Egofreaky on Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:27 pm

OK, so I'm sure most of you are aware of the bastardization of some of your favourite Warner Bros characters
For those of you that don't, basically they're "updating" the old favourite Looney Tunes characters like Bugs Bunny, Taz, Daffy, etc, and making them dark and edgy and extreme to the totally max, for todays media savvy extreme internet youth max... or something...

Anyway, I'm going to rant if I go on... So if you've looked this up yourself, and feel someone needs to say something, then check this out, because someone finally has.

http://www.csh.rit.edu/~rage/TLGmedia/a ... nnyunc.htm
Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Postby practicecactus on Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:21 pm

..yeah I've seen the censored version which was pretty damn funny towards the end where he really let's fly with the salty language ...a hilarious wave of *bleeps* makes the whole thing un-intelligable.
..and I do love my cussing cartoons.
|
practicecactus
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Laocorn on Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:49 pm

its more of a "recreation" using existing properties...

The characters ARENT the same old characters, theyre just inspired by.

Kinda reminds me of the Beast Wars series of Transformers, where Optimus is a desendent of the Generation 1 Optimus.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Soon on Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:58 pm

Soon
Super Genius

Postby practicecactus on Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:56 pm

Here's the censored version of that 'New Bunny' thing... just go 'watch this movie'..I think it's hillarious with the Bleeps, cause they can hardly keep up.
|
practicecactus
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Nate Soehardi on Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:53 pm

Wow. You are so on top of things. I brought the Loonatics up on my blog over 2 months ago.

Old news.

BTW Optimus Primal is not related to Optimus Prime. It was a name he took when they crashed on pre-historic earth. Autobots and Decepticons were succeeded by the Maximals and Predacons.
Nate Soehardi
Superhero

Postby practicecactus on Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:29 pm

|
practicecactus
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Nate Soehardi on Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:06 pm

That's Mister Noid :D
Nate Soehardi
Superhero

Postby Egofreaky on Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:43 am

Nate, the purpose of this thread wasn't to tell people about the whole loonatics BS. I'm sure most people are already aware of it. The bit talking about it was a grounding for those who may not have heard of it. After all, we're not all so totally edgey and extreme that we have Blogs and Livejournals...
The prupose of this thread was mainly to show the hilarious flash parody, that is much more recent than 2 months ago, and also to see if people would vote for puppies.
Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Postby practicecactus on Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:00 pm

|
practicecactus
Destroyer of Worlds

I hated kids like this at school!

Postby practicecactus on Fri May 06, 2005 5:22 pm

Turns out the WB have decided to stop that whole Loonatiic Idea..
some kid started a petition and put a stop to it

..not that I encourage people, to listen to CNN...
|
practicecactus
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby atreides on Sun May 08, 2005 2:10 am

atreides
Superhero

Postby Egofreaky on Sun May 08, 2005 9:16 pm

The problem is that the people that saw the original WB cartoons are either dead, or braindead.
They HAVE become the pop-fluff that they turned into post WWII. If they were to attempt to become edgey once more in a TRULY edgey manner like you suggest, people would say that WB is just trying to cash in on the South Park craze (well and truly behind the time with that too).
I think if they want to make a dark and edgey cartoon, they should stick with the established dark and edgey characters they've already got, like Batman (or Batman Beyond), and get Todd McFarlan or someone to Spawn it up a little.
Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Postby Andy Finlayson on Sun May 08, 2005 10:18 pm

There was obviously a hugely negative reaction to this when the first press releases appeared on various sites and deservedly so. The original, (now scrapped), idea was pretty flimsy; mostly graphic in nature rather than anything revolutionary in terms of idea. Personally I was never too worried about the proposal, (I was the sole voter in the "best idea WB has ever done" category-- perhaps a sarcastic vote?), as it's not the first time Warner's' "Classic" characters have been transformed. For example, check out this largely forgotten show from the 80's:
"Baby Looney Tunes". What a killer idea!
These things tend to just go away.
I think the problem with the characters really comes down to the same problem most big entertainment houses have with their respective properties; they become scared to use them in anything other than corporately "safe" ventures. The icon status attributed to the characters becomes something to protect and conserve rather than push and expand and as a result they largely end up frozen in time.
Then, every odd decade or so, an executive with a vision comes along with an idea which can "save" these characters from extinction. That's all this is... or, was until it went back into "redevelopment".
It seems pretty interesting that the best thing to come out of Warner's in about 50 years or so wasn't a revamp of "Classic" characters but rather the feature film "Iron Giant" containing NEW characters and vision.
Andy Finlayson
Superhero

Postby matt g on Mon May 09, 2005 12:31 am

matt g
Super Genius

Next

Return to TV