Favourite Dr Who companion?

Favourite Dr Who companion?

Postby Simon McGill on Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:38 pm

Probably should have put this in the Distractions section, but what the hey. Ever wondered which companion you had the biggest crush on? Well wonder no more...
http://quizilla.com/users/winternight/quizzes/Which%20Lovely%20Doctor%20Who%20Companion%20Are%20You%20Ashamed%20To%20Admit%20Your%20Crush%20On%3F/

Apparently my secret crush is Zoe(Wendy Padbury), but I would have told you that before I started.
"Drawing is just an excuse to crosshatch" - Robert Crumb
Simon McGill
Superhero

Postby makepeace on Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:49 pm

"Looks as though you've got your heart set on the second Romana, as played by Lalla Ward! This tempting Time Lady conceals her inhuman cleverness behind a disarmingly enthusiastic and girlish demeanor. She's an eclectic blonde who loves to travel and enjoy herself, and if you gaze too long into those summer-sky eyes, she'll have you wrapped around her finger. Not that you'll mind."

Actually my older brother liked Romana. I liked ...

circa 88 or 89
makepeace
Science Hero

Postby Soon on Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:56 pm

Can't quite remember the line, but they had that Tom Baker impression on DEAD RINGERS recently and there's a bit in his little aside that hit, "nice real throbber" that just had me cracking up.
Soon
Super Genius

Postby Fink on Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:42 am

Ace!

Well, that was on the money. Leela and Romana II would run equal second for differing reasons. Seeing as it's women-only, Jamie doesn't get a look-in, even though he was clearly the most "lovely" of companions. Kilt, thick scottish brogue, serial himbo jokes.. who's with me? Eh?
Fink
Superhero

Postby makepeace on Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:16 am

I guess it's okay if I admit this 20 years later. But out of the guys I liked Adric the best.
(I also love melodramatic death scenes and cyber men and apparently so did everyone else :'( )
makepeace
Science Hero

Postby Ian T on Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:55 pm

The second Romana, and Tom Baker liked her enough to marry her too!

And Sarah Jane was pretty good, as was Victoria (except nearly all her episodes have vaporised),

Cheers,

Ian T.
(apart from K-9 that is)
Ian T
Super Genius

Postby Anomic on Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:23 pm

Well Simon,
apparently the girl for me is Zoe Herriot (I can't even remember her) but if your talking about babes from my TV past you can't go past Benita Collings from ABC's play school. :)
Action reveals character
Anomic
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby The Intruder on Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:39 pm

Fink wrote: Seeing as it's women-only, Jamie doesn't get a look-in, even though he was clearly the most "lovely" of companions. Kilt, thick scottish brogue, serial himbo jokes.. who's with me? Eh?

Most definitely - but I'd throw Harry Sullivan in as well. "gremlins can get into anything, old girl. First law of the sea!"

As fer the chicks, I got Leela - but I also dug Liz and Romana 1.
Trudy Cooper.
The Intruder
Superhero

Postby Ian T on Thu May 19, 2005 4:14 pm

The Intruder wrote:Romana 1.

Leela had her moments as a companion (my daughter really dug her) and I agree about Romana 1 - somehow she didn't make much impression the first time I saw these (maybe I missed too many of the series she was in) but she's got good presence, is well-written and is attractive as well.

Cheers,

Ian T.
Ian T
Super Genius

Postby Christian on Thu May 19, 2005 4:32 pm

Was Romana the cold, intellectualy distant Time Lady with the nice hair? Fancied her as the archetypal young man watching at dinner time.

Actually, I was warming up to the shockingly named Ace as a character, but Jaime was the best overall. Adric? Some whiner who is good at maths? You wanna cruise around space with that? "Ah, look, the planet of Space Beer! They give away ham for free!" "But... but doctor... I say... no. And as I'm shagging the producer, I get what I want!"

Nearly true story.
Christian
Super Genius

Postby Ian T on Thu May 19, 2005 5:57 pm

Christian wrote:Was Romana the cold, intellectualy distant Time Lady with the nice hair?

Oooh, yes, that pretty much describes what I find attractive :).

And Adric was definitely a low point (there were many in the later serieses).

The all new Doctor Who starts this Saturday at 7.30!

Cheers,

Ian T.
Ian T
Super Genius

Postby C.A. Luke on Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:37 pm

It seems you've taken a shine to Leela, as played by Louise Jameson! Fierce, feral, and fair to look at, descended from the jungle tribe of Sevateem, she's uneducated but undeniably bright. This exceedingly fit Amazon is a great woman to have at your back in times of danger, but don't upset her. She'll kick your ass.
This Post is by C.A. Luke, Manager of Comic and Games Cafe
Ph: (02) 60236253 Mobile: 0408841898
Web Site: http://www.comicbookscafe.com.au
oztion shop: http://www.oztion.com.au/shop/Comic-and ... -Shop.aspx
C.A. Luke
Superhero

Return to TV