Thank God You're Here ... in the States!

Thank God You're Here ... in the States!

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:03 pm

Just wondered if there's been any news of this back home, that Working Dog sold their format to the Americans.

It's been on for three weeks now, and it's pretty good. Guests so far have included Bryan Cranston (the dad from Malcolm in the Middle) who was hilarious doing a British rocker who loved to kiss everybody, Fran Drescher, Tom Arnold, Shannon Elizabeth (who also loved to kiss everybody), George Takei, Angela from the Office (the US one), Fred Willard, and several more. With Dave Foley in the judge's spot.

Sweet! :)
Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Postby ChrisWahl on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:28 pm

Hopefully it's better than the Aussie version. So many missed opportunities by so many unfunny comedians.
ChrisWahl
Evil Genius

Postby antains on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:33 pm

Good to see Dave Foley still getting work. I like him.

I imagine Bryan Cranston is excellent.
I shouldn't be here.
antains
Evil Genius

Postby rumpusroomie on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:02 pm

I think they're showing repeats, that stuff with Shannon E was on last year. I have to say if you're going to cop out of saying something funny, T&A is the only acceptable way in my book
rumpusroomie
Master of Time

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:44 pm

Yeah, I thought they might have been old. It doesn't say they're new in the guide. Oh well, they're new to me! And that's all that matters (to me!) ;)

Shannon Elizabeth copping out of being funny and kissing someone is still funnier than Tom Green copping out of being funny and yelling and breaking furniture. Oh, god, I can't believe I sat through his segment... *bbrr*
Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Postby Paul Bedford on Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:38 pm

I hear that the american version was axed already? Any truth to this...?
Seek the Wolf in thyself!

the-list.com.au
Paul Bedford
Science Hero

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:29 am

I believe it was. The ones I saw were definitely repeats and they only played four episodes. Dunno if there were any more.

What's scarier is the upcoming new Kath & Kim US-ification, with Selma Blair as Kim, I can't remember who Kath is played by... Be interesting to see what it's like.
Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Postby Tom on Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:49 pm

The UK version was on last night here (the UK :x). And Hamish Blake was on it! I didn't watch it but I could hear the action from my seat as I drew. (That's right! I don't watch TV! I never procrastinate! and I always eat my greens!..... well, I always eat my greens... unless it's eggplant. I still can't do eggplant.)
What was fun too, was the presenter had to go through the door. He wasn't very funny though.
Tom
Science Hero

Return to TV