Heroes

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:36 am

Despite the fact my head now hurts...

...one of the problems with Heroes isn't with the show at all. It's with Channel 7 and their ridiculous promos. Someone flies, someone dies... Ok. Peter flew. IN HIS DREAM. And yes, someone died - but it was SOME OLD GUY. Keep raising our expectations and of course they're gonna come crashing down.

They do the same thing with Lost, and 24.

I hate channel 7. Unfortunately they have most of my favourite shows.
Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Postby Demongoldfish on Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:38 am

bit torrent man!! no adds no crappy misleading promos and you can watch it whenever you want and months before it airs in australia land! of course its technicaly illegal and all that but really its the TV networks fault for taking so damn long.
Demongoldfish
Science Hero

Postby spank everest on Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:53 am

SPOILER WARNING

If you don't wanna know what happens stop reading now....

[edit: I've 'whited out' the spoiler. If you want to read it, highlight the text beneath this with your mouse to see it. -Maggie ]

So, I've heard on the grapevine that Heroes has completely ripped off Watchmen! It ends with a superhero character destroying New York City in an attempt to repair society.

It's been revealed and there a quite a few unimpressed folks out there (including me). Zack Snyder has been interviewed about it too - having just started working on the Watchmen film. Not terribly happy it seems.
If fate makes you a motorcycle, you become a motorcycle.
spank everest
Superhero

Postby Cybermotron on Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:44 pm

Alright Apple Head, I have to admit now that despite my first impression of this show I actually think its best thing on TV at the moment. As the weeks have gone on, I have found myself hooked and actually getting to warm to the characters, and the story.

And yes it is better than Prison Break and Lost, two shows which although I still believe started out brilliantly, have now completely lost the plot.
My 24 hour comic from this year which I'm still finishing....
http://forums.pulpfaction.net/viewtopic ... 1956#31956

And the one from last year which I did finish...
http://forums.pulpfaction.net/viewtopic.php?t=1895
Cybermotron
Super Genius

Postby spank everest on Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:56 pm

Maggie - nice move on my spoiler! Wish I'd thoughta that!
If fate makes you a motorcycle, you become a motorcycle.
spank everest
Superhero

Postby sdigital on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:32 pm

I was lte into watching this, but I have the whole seaosn 1 on DVD and am watching it in 5 episode blocks. Much better than weeks on end. So I gotta say....

I Love it.

Well shot, Well scripted, well acted, in depth characters, great story....

yep. Love it.
My mutant healing factor is on lay by
sdigital
Sidekick

Postby apple head on Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:26 pm

Cybermotron wrote:Alright Apple Head, I have to admit now that despite my first impression of this show I actually think its best thing on TV at the moment. As the weeks have gone on, I have found myself hooked and actually getting to warm to the characters, and the story.

And yes it is better than Prison Break and Lost, two shows which although I still believe started out brilliantly, have now completely lost the plot.

:) I have the whole season on DVD. It's not as much fun the second time though :( I had the fortune of having the first 11 episodes downloaded for me. I reckon I couldn't have bothered with it on TV. In fact I don't bother with my other two favorite shows either Scrubs and Earl. You know I haven't had a TV for 3 months now and I can live without it. Although now I'll just have an option on Koreans duking it out video game style on TV.

Maggie, what you're saying is people are traveling back in time and nobody has caught on to it? Sure nobody knows if an event is caused on merit or some crazy timetraveller meddling with time continuem. I'm pretty sure the further in the future we go the more accessible time travel could become. So surely one could imagine one could get caught and mr future man could get noticed. Or just do what Marty McFlies nemesis does in Back to the Future 2 (Classy reference material, huh?) and just bet on everything and make their fortune that way. If I would go back to 1990. I would hand me a power book and an 80gig iPod video. Evidence enough that someone is traveling in time.

Now I'm no sience man, but time is a constant thing. The only reason the stuff in space we can see is from the past is just is just the travel of light. Now I heard theories that if you travel faster then the speed of light you can travel through time. Now beside back to the future (Where that speed is apparantly 80mph) most sci fi just use that speed to get somewhere very fast. I'm sober I can't talk about this :P
apple head
Super Genius

Previous

Return to TV