Heroes

Heroes

Postby spank everest on Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:40 pm

Hey, has anybody been watching 'Heroes'? I think it's on pay tv.

It's pretty damn awesome!! And I think Jeph Loeb is one of the writers.
If fate makes you a motorcycle, you become a motorcycle.
spank everest
Superhero

Postby [D] on Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:33 pm

I’ve seen the first three episodes and its now my favourite show on the basis that its better then the 3rd season of the previous top two shows on my list. The creators have really hit a home run with tis show, but then NBC needed it to.
[D]
Sidekick

Postby spank everest on Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:21 am

Oh god....wait 'til you get to the fifth episode! The ending is a friggin jaw dropper!

I keep forgetting that it's an NBC project. That's pretty good for them.

I watched the episode seven on Sunday night. Cannot wait for the eigth!!
spank everest
Superhero

Postby Timothy Raven on Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:34 am

If you don't have pay TV you may be interested to know that Channel 7 is going to start screening Heroes on Wednesday, January 31, at 8:30pm (in Melbourne, other areas check your local guide). If you haven't heard of the show a web search for "heroes tv series" brings up plenty of results, or go to the offical site.....

www.nbc.com/Heroes/
Timothy Raven
Superhero

Postby apple head on Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:52 am

I've seen the first 11 episode :p and I hate it. I'm so drawn into it, it's 11x45 minutes of an unfinished story, and that's why I don't like TV. Too much comitment!

With that in mind it is very intriguing and it's beatifully shot, and beside the mom character with split personality I love all the characters even the asian guys pretending to be Japanese (The fat one is American born to chinese parents and the skinny one is Korean :roll: ).

Also the comic art is pretty swish. I love all of it.

My name is Earl is still my favorite TV show that is still alive. Another NBC show Just like Heroes and Seinfeld :)

Heroes will be at the same time in Sydney as Melbourne it seems. Watch it. The fat asian kid is funny.
apple head
Super Genius

Postby JasonBerekLewis on Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:04 pm

Yeah, but how long until it gets shifted to 11:30 pm and they start showing episodes out of order? :p
DragonFUZE Comics: Fire up your imagination!

http://dragonfuze.wordpress.com
JasonBerekLewis
Superhero

Postby Demongoldfish on Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:07 am

well heres hoping they shift it to 11:30 thats when i get home from work :D
Demongoldfish
Science Hero

Postby apple head on Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:51 am

JasonBerekLewis wrote:Yeah, but how long until it gets shifted to 11:30 pm and they start showing episodes out of order? :p

You can't play the show out of order they link too closely. I've seen an episode of Alias, and it kinda stands on it's own. Heroes doesn't.

If you miss one episode you're pretty screwed, which is like the only element I don't like. I recommend waiting for he DVD box set. ;)
apple head
Super Genius

Postby spank everest on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:31 am

Or torrents.... :)
spank everest
Superhero

Postby rumpusroomie on Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:56 pm

I'm up to ep 12 at the moment. i'll get 13 tomorrow. It's really a pretty nice show. They cleverly chose powers easy to display with the flying character the only one who's ability looks hokey.

The first arc (or POD as the creators call them) is a bit slow as it's introducing the characters but the "... save the world" arc is really good.

Tim Sale's art is again lovely to behold. But we all knew that, didn't we?
rumpusroomie
Master of Time

Postby spank everest on Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:45 am

That's kinda funny that you say the flying one is hokey. I kinda thought it was different - not necessarily great, but different. But my housemate is a physicist in space, air and general smart stuff like that....

...anyhow, he was saying that the flying one is the most plausible and realistic if flying was possible. Sorta with him sliding as landing, rather than hovering down. He went on about it a whole lot more, but I got bored and decided to imagine there was some white noise muffling his voice.
spank everest
Superhero

Postby Cybermotron on Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:32 pm

Hate to be a hater...but I hated the pilot for this show even more. It sucked harder than the greatest hits of Brianna Banks...but it gave me so much less pleasure.

The characters were just plain stupid. Going around telling everyone that they thought they had special powers, without a single shred of proof...without even using them once before they started blabbing about them! That was so infuriating!

Everyone, but two, is American...three are already in New York! And are connected in the most convenient and hackneyed ways...the bad guy is a cliche...the indian guy is a cliche...the japanese guy is a cliche (albiet also an annoying delusional wanker)...I struggled hard to find any redeeming features and when I did, in the form of the cheerleader, who was the only beleiveable character in the whole thing, who should spoil it all but the bad guy, predictably walking through the door...her dad. Fuck me!

No wait a minute, the artist was beleivable too, and had a great visual style too.

The single mother didn't have any special powers, she was just a split personality psycho...still she was a notch above the fucking flying guy and the teleporting guy.

My verdict ... This is so derivative it doesn't have an original bone in its body... there's more holes in it than swiss cheese ... and lets face it...if this shit is is what classifies as good then X-men 3 should've got the Palm D'or and Daredevil is the single greastest movie of our time!
My 24 hour comic from this year which I'm still finishing....
http://forums.pulpfaction.net/viewtopic ... 1956#31956

And the one from last year which I did finish...
http://forums.pulpfaction.net/viewtopic.php?t=1895
Cybermotron
Super Genius

Postby Demongoldfish on Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:03 pm

just out of interest where are people downloading the episodes? just bit torrent. i have had a lot of hassles trying to download movies and tv shows from bit torrents in the past. mostly having to deal with azureus hogging all my bandwidth for a few hours only to discover it either doesn't work, isn't cmplte[<that was a typo but kinda funny] or is really bad quality.

so yea if there is a better way i'd love to know
Demongoldfish
Science Hero

Postby JasonBerekLewis on Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:18 pm

I enjoyed the first episode, but this is superheroes-lite. This is superheroes for the masses, not for the geeks. It's not bad, but it COULD be great. The Japanese kid and the girl who can't hurt herself are probably the most interesting, although the psycho killer girl is hot :p
DragonFUZE Comics: Fire up your imagination!

http://dragonfuze.wordpress.com
JasonBerekLewis
Superhero

Postby apple head on Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:23 pm

Cybermotron wrote:Hate to be a hater...but I hated the pilot for this show even more. It sucked harder than the greatest hits of Brianna Banks...but it gave me so much less pleasure.

The characters were just plain stupid. Going around telling everyone that they thought they had special powers, without a single shred of proof...without even using them once before they started blabbing about them! That was so infuriating!

Everyone, but two, is American...three are already in New York! And are connected in the most convenient and hackneyed ways...the bad guy is a cliche...the indian guy is a cliche...the japanese guy is a cliche (albiet also an annoying delusional wanker)...I struggled hard to find any redeeming features and when I did, in the form of the cheerleader, who was the only beleiveable character in the whole thing, who should spoil it all but the bad guy, predictably walking through the door...her dad. Fuck me!

No wait a minute, the artist was beleivable too, and had a great visual style too.

The single mother didn't have any special powers, she was just a split personality psycho...still she was a notch above the fucking flying guy and the teleporting guy.

My verdict ... This is so derivative it doesn't have an original bone in its body... there's more holes in it than swiss cheese ... and lets face it...if this shit is is what classifies as good then X-men 3 should've got the Palm D'or and Daredevil is the single greastest movie of our time!

Half the things you fault get explained in later episodes, or if you think her dad is the bad guy, you're wrong too as in later episodes you'll find out he isn't.

As for the stereo type thing? I find Hiro charming (Reminds me of my friend Steve). After seeing Alias (Which I always catch by accident recently) I rather Americans don't try to explain foreigners to me. The Indian guy, meh either way they use him as plot element.

Hiro came back with a comic from the future, The polititian dude and his brother flew of the building and the cheerleader had her power on tape. They seem to be telling just people close to them. So I don't see them telling everybody about their powers with no proof.

It's pure popcorn TV, if it was a Movie, I would say it's as good as the first 2 X-Men movies, and neither I would expect deserve an invitation to Cannes, Venice or Berlin. It's not artsy, just like the Heroes TV show.

I understand your Hater status though, the popularity of Prison Break, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, ER, all baffle me. In all honesty, Heroes would probably fall into that category for me, if somebody didn't hand me 11 episodes on diske to watch in one sitting :P
apple head
Super Genius

Next

Return to TV