Striperella (Cartoon series)

Striperella (Cartoon series)

Postby Egofreaky on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:30 pm

SBS, 9:00pm Monday nights

Anyone else been watching this?
It was co-created by none other than Stan Lee... which makes me wonder why it's so god awfully bad. It may have something to do withe the fact that the part seems kinda made to suite the acting talents of Pamela Anderson, the voice actress for the character of Striperalla.
But it's not just her... it all of it! Stan Lee must be going senile, because he thinks this is quality, as evinced by his interview on Newsarama and that Stripperella is "really a family show...but for a highly sophisticated family."... That, or he's so rich he doesn't care anymore.
The animation is fairly shonky, even by the standard of cheap American cartoons (and it's animated in Korea anyway).

At least it has the music, and reality of the situation going for it.
The music is actually pretty damn good.
And oddly enough, the situations involved never make me go "Hey, that's just complete crap, eve with suspension of disbelief!" (with the exception of gloves that have keys AND surgical implements in them)...

All in all, I give this cartoon an 8...

... out of 100...

Anyway, for those of you that have somehow been (un?)fortunate enough to not watch it yet, here's something that ought to fill you in totally: http://www.stripperellagame.com/
Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Re: Striperella (Cartoon series)

Postby makepeace on Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:19 pm

Egofreaky wrote:It was co-created by none other than Stan Lee... which makes me wonder why it's so god awfully bad.

Please, did you ever read Ravage 2099? Or /anything/ by Stan Lee?? ;)
makepeace
Science Hero

Re: Striperella (Cartoon series)

Postby Soon on Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:48 pm

Egofreaky wrote:Anyway, for those of you that have somehow been (un?)fortunate enough to not watch it yet, here's something that ought to fill you in totally: http://www.stripperellagame.com/

That was a horrid game. No flow in action, no ease of control, not even a nice application of pole use. Woefully chalky.
Soon
Super Genius

Postby paulpunisher on Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:44 pm

The 2nd season animation isok. The character design was done by Steven E Gordon, who does x-men evolution and just did the ultimate avengers.

His character designs were not picked for the first season, but they went back to him for the second. I agree the show sucks, but at least the drawing got better.
Chuck Norris does not leave messages. Chuck Norris leaves warnings.
paulpunisher
Hero

Postby maggie on Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:55 pm

Yeah. I saw his designs on his blog.
And while I loathe every horrid detail about this show (and Pamela Anderson, I'm sorry... she's not hot, she's scary), I must admit his designs were far superior.

Here's some bad design:
http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/arch ... ip_job.jpg
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Return to TV