SMALLVILLE

SMALLVILLE

Postby neilmac on Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:17 pm

Smallville is returning to Australia, but this time on channel ten. All new episodes. It'll be interesting to see how they have managed to hold it up for so long. (The plot's were running a bit thin, don't you think?)

Alec.
neilmac
Super Genius

Postby Soon on Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:31 pm

When did Ch9 stop showing? Somewhere in the 3rd or 2nd season? That's going to be plenty of episodes. If Ch10 pick up right from there.

Hoping they see a kind of EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND type flow from the summer season and into the ratings period. That would be good, angsty teen-drama with superpowers.

Given SUPERMAN RETURNS hitting the screens next year, what, apart from "ratings", won't keep this out of a final X-FILES season type slot?
Soon
Super Genius

Postby Darren Close on Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Channel 9 ran it (into the ground) till about halfway through the second season, and according to Channel 10's website it looks like they're going to pick up where 9 left off.

Which means in a week or two they'll show the episode Rosetta, which should silence the naysayers and show just how much depth and promise the show has. It's just started Season 5 in the US and keeps getting better and better.

Bravo Channel 10 for whatever timeslot they decide to show it. And for those that want to get up to speed, the excellent Kryptonsite website has episode summaries available.
Darren Close
"the Rob Liefeld of Australian comics"
Darren Close
Super Genius

Postby Darren Close on Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:46 am

Just call me the conversation TERMINATOR!

hasta la vista.
Darren Close
"the Rob Liefeld of Australian comics"
Darren Close
Super Genius

Postby Soon on Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:20 pm

The Christopher Reeve ep should be on Sunday (4/12). Really glad that it's back on, the angst, the "I can't touch that yet", the "you know you don't make it don't you?" and all that are just gravy.
Soon
Super Genius

Postby C.A. Luke on Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:56 am

I could not want for 10 to get it so I order all the DVDs up to S5 from the Us by the Cafe.
This Post is by C.A. Luke, Manager of Comic and Games Cafe
Ph: (02) 60236253 Mobile: 0408841898
Web Site: http://www.comicbookscafe.com.au
oztion shop: http://www.oztion.com.au/shop/Comic-and ... -Shop.aspx
C.A. Luke
Superhero

Return to TV