[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - 2006 published works and events: please list here

2006 published works and events: please list here

Official forum for the Ledger Awards. Acknowledging excellence in Australian comic arts and publishing. http://ledgerawards.com

Moderator: Gary Chaloner

Postby Dean Rankine on Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:12 am

Dean Rankine
Evil Genius

Postby TaCk on Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:57 pm

My releases for the year of 2006:

TaCk
Superhero

Postby Laocorn on Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:41 pm

"I'd like to nominate Jacen Carpenter for production design for the cover of the book. "

I'd also like to nominate Jacen for consistently drawing comics, same with Jason Paulos... you guys are nuts, full-time jobs and here you are both drawing more pages then most of us in a year in a week.

TALENT DESERVING WIDER RECOGNITION

Tim Pearson, Gerkinman (dammit dude I forgot your real name again :P), & Shannon Browning
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Fitts on Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:10 am

"If life is boring, why wake?"
Fitts
Super Genius

Postby Gerkinman on Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:57 am

Gerkinman
Super Genius

Postby Laocorn on Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:23 pm

"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby wingmizuhashi on Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:21 pm

chasing a penguin <3
wingmizuhashi
Citizen

Postby Ka-ru on Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:38 am

Inverloch has been consistantly topping webcomic ranking lists, so it would be a shame to not see it on the best webcomic list, considering it's creator is Australian...

http://www.seraph-inn.com/

Wish I had something of my own to add to the list, but apart from one chapter of Days of Asha and a new Worlds Away chapter, neither of which are of very high standard, I have little to offer.
Dave Kerr
------------

Remember, half the people you know are below average.
Ka-ru
Superhero

Location: Behind the broken shell of the old No.6 Blast Furnace

Postby mark selan on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:08 am

Sureshot Presents Crab Allan in Gothic Boogaloo
Sureshot Presents Ordinary Eyeball
Sureshot Presents Doug Holgate's All Adventure Annual

For all your considering needs
Submit to
mark selan
Science Hero

Postby makepeace on Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:55 am

Noggins #5 - Lort Smith Animal Hospital Issue.
publisher: MakePeace Media LTD

I just released this. It would go in small press.

You can even buy it here:

http://www.makepeace.org.au/product_inf ... cts_id=536

It has numerous single panel cartoons in it but no comic strips per se.
makepeace
Science Hero

Postby Gary Lau on Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:11 am

My comic book releases for 2006:

(100 copies print run. 99 copies to be distributed).
G
|
Gary Lau
Super Genius

Postby Troy Kealley on Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:12 am

I'm about to flood Phase Two with what the-rest-of-Perth-that-isn't-Ben-Templesmith* has been doing and I think some of these will definately be up for nomination.

FYI out of 10 24 hour comics selected from around the world - TWO comics from Perth's event on the international 24 Hour Comics Day have made it into Scott McLoud's 24 Hour Comics day anthology! The ever infamous Edward j Grug and Spooky Doll Kid creator Roseline Lau both made it in!

The complete list (btw we sold a combined total of over 500 of these comics at the recent Northbridge Arts festival!)

24 hour comics - all printed by yours truly:

Edward J.Grug - It's hard out here for a Sea Monster
Jessica McLeod - Ghost farm
Rosline Lau - Caterpiller Crawlaway
Andrei Buters - Interview (sadly his last remaining copies were crushed inside his car by an obnoxious wrecker!)
Aska & Heronimous Wang - Minerva and Me
Chris Stokes - Learning not to Cry
Jackson Harvey - Colin the Man Child
Luke Milton - Bunnies that Hate
Samantha Ee - 24
Tim Merks - Kinetic
Michael Lombardi - A Guy in a Chicken Suit who Laid an Egg
Troy Kealley - Alyce

There's a few more who also published 24 hour comics but I'll have to get their names later - including 1 limited editon handbound book with personal artwork in each copy! And a few more who didn't print but should definately be up for best webcomic - especially this one -

Luke Milton deserves credit for organising the 24 Hour Comics day event at FTI in Fremantle from which all the above comics were created - and the ensuing Arts Festival table which sold more Aussie comics than any convention I've been to! FTI and Artrage should also be on the list.

Plus this year I've published:
Badlands Taxi issue 0 (US)
Something Wierd (Out now - just!)
and also on it's way to Phase Two - 'Girls, Guns and Martial Arts' - a rehash of all my anthology submissions - with Tonia Walden.

I think that's it.

If you want to get hold of any of the above comics drop me a PM. (Get in quick though we're nearly out!) If you're in Perth the above are available at Quality Comics, 78 Records, Strange Planet Bookstore, Box Comics Fremantle, and Oxford Books Leederville.

* Of course if he hasn't already been mentioned then Ben's 'Wormwood - Gentleman Corpse' amongst others is in there for best international title. But hey he doesn't need any more patting on the back - he's just come back from the set of '30 Days of Night' - th movie of his comic - how much more reward do you need?!!?[/url]
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby Phos Comics on Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:37 pm

Phos Comics
Sidekick

Postby Edward J Grug III on Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:40 pm

I also published an older 24 hour webcomic this year, does that count too? It was drawn in 2005.

Gasp! by Edward J Grug III

I also had my 24 hour comic, It's Hard Out There For A Sea Monster selected to be in the 2006 24 Hour Comics Day Highlights book, so I gusee that could go into "SINGLE ISSUE OR STORY OF THE YEAR, " "INTERNATIONAL TITLE OF THE YEAR " or something too. (that's one of the ten stories chose from the 1200 submissions, not bad, eh? It's in this month's previews!)

Also, Event of the year might be the formation of the Perth Comics Collective. wave one saw the publication of over a dozen books, launching at the Northbridge Night Festival here in Perth we sold over 500 comics in one night!

All of the books needed a second printing and are now hitting stores (there's a stack of them on the way to Phase Two)

We have planned for three waves a year, the next releases being in March.
Edward J Grug III
Evil Genius

Postby practicecactus on Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:06 pm

I made a little funny book, just to have something for Doujicon really.
Mojo & Fuzz.
Small print run of 50 or so, and I also printed my challenge comic of `06.
|
practicecactus
Destroyer of Worlds

PreviousNext

Return to Ledger Awards Forum - LedgerAwards.org