July Monthly Sequential Art Competition Winner!

Monthly sequential and illustration challenges.

Moderator: makepeace

July Monthly Late Entry

Postby hannijules on Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:32 pm

Nice work Jo - took that on a totally new slant from both of the others. A truly magnifique effort from all three and multiple apologies to all for not managing to get my own 3 pager up. I do have a good excuse however - emergency hospitalisation with an infection in my root canal. Yes, it's just as much fun as it sounds. Happily they took all my wisdom teeth out at the same time and saved me about a grand. Nice.
(You'll be able to read of my five-day hospital adventures at Supanova in Sydney where I'll be giving away a free short book telling the woeful tale with all purchases).

So apologies once more for not only not entering, but for making the damn thing so hard to come up with a good story from - I struggled myself to come up with something worth reading, but thankfully we have our three stars who managed to do such an awesome effort. Love yer work!
http://www.julesfaber.com - NOW REBUILT!!*
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Postby jacen_c on Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:09 am

Thanks for everyone who voted. Hope you enjoy this month's topic.

Makepeace- seeing as how Li'l Sketchy will be appearing at Supanova Sydney perhaps he might flog a few issues of Challengers of the Month 2005 for you?
jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby Jo B 1 on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:05 am

Well done Jacen.
Your framing, timing and story were great. The photoshop work was really good too.

LeBlah - your comic spun me out - it seemed so sinister. Well done on getting one done - it's almost harder than the 24 hour doing a Monthly 3 Pager!

Thanks for the comments hannijules :)

Thanks for the contest Makepeace :)
What doesn't kill you makes you injured.
Jo B 1
Superhero

Postby jacen_c on Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:22 am

Jo,

You're entry was great. I love vampire stories...even twist ending vampire stories that you didn't see coming! (Did you use Manga Studio for this piece? )

I'm sort of glad your entry was late cause I think you would have taken line honours this month. Hope you submit an entry for next month or in future challenges.
jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby makepeace on Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:09 pm

That's a great idea Jacen in regard to the Challengers book. I will PM Sketchy.

And I, too, hope to see more of you in the Monthly Challenges Jo and I'd love to see you in the next book as a winner.
makepeace
Science Hero

Postby hannijules on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:12 am

Oh, and fergot to tell you, JoBee One - panel 8 is awesome, the vampyre pulling on the trousers (neglected to use male or female there as I really couldn't be sure... you know these glyph emo goths).

Anyway, it was a good panel. Liked it best of them all :D
http://www.julesfaber.com - NOW REBUILT!!*
*As of December 1998
hannijules
Super Genius

Previous

Return to Monthly Sequential Art Challenge