2005 - December Sequential Art Competition

Monthly sequential and illustration challenges.

Moderator: makepeace

Postby neilmac on Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:55 am

I was going to enter. But guess what? I didn't know we (my mum, dad and me) were going down to Lorne on January 2 until Christmas Eve. I've got to finish my submission for the Noir Anthology, so I don't think I can enter this months challenge. Also, blame my crappy organisation skills.
Not another 24 hour comic challenge!
neilmac
Super Genius

Re: Funky Chicken

Postby Anomic on Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:54 pm

jacen_c wrote:I once again accept your challenge, oh chicken man with the magic flute!

Running a bit behind schedule at the moment...my house was completed on the weekend, I've only just moved in and now 8 relatives have arrived on my doorstep for Christmas.

Just as soon as I reconnect my computer and scanner, I'll finish my entry. At the moment happiness has nothing to do with octopi- it'll be when Christmas is over!

Look?? I???d cock a doodle but this chicken???s so stuffed with puddin??? & sauce, all I c???n manage is falling asleep in a chair?? Zzzzzzz

Relatives and house building... suck in the pain, sing about your grief and call it ??Art :)
Action reveals character
Anomic
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby jacen_c on Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:59 pm

Got a Wacom tablet for Chrissy...so here's my first toon done fully on the computer!

jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby SpectralAesthete on Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:43 pm

Awwwchrist, I seriously thought the deadline was tomorrow. o_o No matter, three hours of freaking out and drawing produce this...
The song-lines are my translation of Sakamoto Kyuu's Ue o Muite Arukou/Sukiyaki (yeah, nearly mistranslated in the third panel, oh well.) o/~ Happiness is beyond the sky...o/~

This month's stuff looks tops! :D Jacen, I seriously love your comic's title. (And where's the second page of Caleb's? :x)
SpectralAesthete
Superhero

Postby makepeace on Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:48 pm

SpectralAesthete wrote:Awwwchrist, I seriously thought the deadline was tomorrow.

The deadline is tomorrow.
makepeace
Science Hero

Postby SpectralAesthete on Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:03 pm

makepeace wrote:The deadline is tomorrow.

Bah, I - eh - what? Ahhh, damn you! Don't you know there's no such thing as days, just incessant cycles of disaster!?

[edit] ah, I think I know where I misread now - the whole 'midnight of the 30th not 31st' thing and I thought it was the first midnight of the 30th.

Oh well, it's too bloody hot.
SpectralAesthete
Superhero

Postby makepeace on Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:56 pm

You can now Vote.

Voting will close midnight Tuesday 3rd of Jan.

At which stage Voting for The 2005 Ultimate Monthly Challenge Winner will begin.

Um, and december entrants really should PM me the details for january by Tuesday (whether you think you will win or not).
makepeace
Science Hero

Postby makepeace on Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:58 am

The December Winner is ...

Caleb
18%
Anomic
0%
STiKMAN
45%
Jacen_C
27%