[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Mentor/Mentee Get Together in CBD Sydney

Mentor/Mentee Get Together in CBD Sydney

The Sydney mentor/mentee meetup hosted by Jozef Szekeres

Moderator: Jozef

Postby maggie on Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:04 pm

PS - I'll be there around 7.
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby matt g on Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:07 pm

Hey Maggie,

Yeah it's been raining here for quite a while :D

Cheers
Matt
matt g
Super Genius

Postby Matt Elder on Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:48 pm

matt g: western europe great, Eastern Europe Brilliant, Canada mind blowing

maggie - hope to see you there - looking forward to seeing someone who knows something about inking!!
Less talk, more do.
Matt Elder
Matt Elder
Superhero

Postby debris on Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:41 am

Ah s#!t! (does this board censor?) I got so busy moving that I forgot about the meet up! Damn! Well it looks like I'll have to wait for the next one now. Can somebody please post a rough outline of what happened this time around? Was there drawing action? Inking? Yeah I'm looking at you Maggie! I want to see your inking in action. Well I can only look forward to the next one. Hope it was fun.
debris
Hero

Postby maggie on Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:22 pm

"Of all lies, art is the least untrue." - Flaubert
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby debris on Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:15 pm

debris
Hero

Postby Matt Elder on Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:37 am

Less talk, more do.
Matt Elder
Matt Elder
Superhero

Postby Jozef on Mon May 09, 2005 10:30 am

Best,
Jozef Szekeres
<www.blackmermaid.com>
<www.elf-fin.deviantart.com>
<www.jozefszekeresdolls.com>
ASA Graphic Novels / Comics Portfolio Holder
<www.asauthors.org>
Jozef
Hero

Postby Soon on Mon May 09, 2005 6:48 pm

Last edited by Soon on Wed May 11, 2005 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soon
Super Genius

Postby Matt Elder on Tue May 10, 2005 1:49 pm

Less talk, more do.
Matt Elder
Matt Elder
Superhero

Postby xaverlex on Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:19 pm

Hey!
Tomorrow( 14th of june) is the second tuesday right? Is there a meeting?
(I'm looking for a pretense to be in sydney) ;)
sorry I'm late, this elephant totally copped a 'tude with me.
xaverlex
Superhero

Postby Jozef on Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:29 pm

14th of June...the next meeting. see you all there.

Best,
Jozef
Best,
Jozef Szekeres
<www.blackmermaid.com>
<www.asauthors.org>
Jozef
Hero

Postby debris on Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:27 pm

I can't make it, I'm going to a dinner for my sister's birthday. My homework for the next one will be to have the next page of my comic pencilled so I'll bring that _and_ my thumbnails to the next one.
debris
Hero

Postby matt g on Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:34 pm

matt g
Super Genius

Postby Jozef on Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:36 pm

To fellow Mentor and Mentees,

Last night was a successful meeting where we saw great forward movement with everyones projects.

Julie and Jennifer were working on the script for their 6pg story that has now been extended to a 9pg story. Julie supplied the script with some thumbnail suggestions (very exciting to see her pencil roughs). Jennifer was discussing the possibility of doing this work in tonal b/w. I believe she will be doing some sample tests to see the outcome. So their project is underway.

Matt G did something like 12 new pages in rough pencils to extend and further shape the intricacies of the magnum opus he is working on. It all looked great and was inspiring to see that amount of work completed. I spoke with Matt about photocopying finished pencils onto heat pressed water color paper 185gm, and this has inspired Matt to want to do a 1-2 page story that will try this technique out.

Robert showed his character model sheets that he has created of his characters, locations and gadgets that feature in his short story. For this past month, he opted to focus on this element first before the finished pencil roughs. This is a great step to take for it will add stability of design to the final art.

For a second visit we had the team which included Michael (I'm sorry but I'm terrible with names, I need to meet people several times before names stick...I claim artistic temperament as my shaky excuse, guys, please email me with your names...thanks). this team has created a plan for an 8pg story that will be created over a 3 month period. Their work is so slick and they are so prolific it is an inspiration to the whole Mentor/Mentee group, thanks guys for joining us and bringing a project you are working on to the group for us to experience with you.

For my own project I was well on my way to finishing 2 pages of rough panel art when I felt rather uninspired with the artistic direction of my work. So I have abandoned the finished pages, and I've redesigned the characters and their costumes, and also retooled the story to reflect the changes. I'm now much happier with the direction of the work, and I'm looking forward to retool some of the panels within the story. I will start with page one as my new finished pencil rough for next month.

Brigitte couldn't make it this time, but has emailed that she has made great leaps in her thumbnail designs for her story. I know we will all want to see them next month.

Matt E and Neil couldn't make it this month but we hope to see them both next month.

Thanks to all for the great turn-out. Everyone is progressing with new work each month and it inspires every other member in the group to create more for themselves (that they in turn can present the following month).
Best,
Jozef Szekeres
<www.blackmermaid.com>
<www.asauthors.org>
Jozef
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Sydney Creators Meetup