Job Offer

The Sydney mentor/mentee meetup hosted by Jozef Szekeres

Moderator: Jozef

Job Offer

Postby Charles on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:11 am

A comic creation team is needed for paid work.
Monthly or bi-monthly comic.
Full colour delux print, web-issued full colour, pulp black& white interior colour exterior mass issue.
Film & animation studio associated with the project.

Contact me, Charles, for more information.
charlesnemo@hushmail.com

He who hesitates loses the job, the $, and the opportunity to be published worldwide. Your call.
Charles
Citizen

Re: Job Offer

Postby azahru on Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:23 am

Hi Charles,

It would be fantastic to know a little bit more about your project. If that isn't possible it would be great to know some more about you! charlesnemo@hushmail.com doesn't appear on the internet at all and it would be good to know a little about you, just so we know you exist! Do you have a website, a facebook or even myspace? The quality of applicants will be stronger if you can show who you are, you don't need to be big and famous, but it is important you exist. Your approach seems more scattergun and might not yield the best results, it may even scare away some of the talented creators you would like to attract!

go to http://lizargall.com/about/ to find out more about the sort of comics I write and other services I can provide.
Writer of poetry, prose, comics and song http://www.lizargall.com

Things Without Arms and Without Legs, comic about creatures who are kind https://thingswithout.wordpress.com/
azahru
Science Hero

Postby Charles on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:10 pm

I've had a few poeple wonder who I am. I work for Myrmidon Enterprises and, like the firm, am based out of Sydney. Myrmidon Enterprises is a financial managment firm that specializes in finding funding for media projects. I'm one of the 'face-men', my role being to scout out people and opportunities. And no, you're not likely to have found me on the 'net. We find you. Myrmidon Enterprises and its people are not meant to be invisible by any means, they just little need to advertise themselves externally.

The job offer I've been asking about was for a creation team to create a 40 page comic based upon a computer game. The comic is full colour, done in a Silver Age style (Kirby/Ditko). After the initial 40 page issue, graphic novels will released continuing the story. We are looking at paying a retainer to kick things off and then 50% profit share for the comics, and 25% profit share for the 3D animated film. (3D studio waiting in the wings, distribution deals in place for the film. So everything is ready to go.)

Unfortunately there is already a team in place for the first issue. However, the opportunity exists for people to work on subsequent productions. I'll post details here on and make sure that when the second bite of the cherry comes around, that you are informed of what is available.

Someone asked me earlier if we are open to hear submissions. The answer is 'of course'.
Charles
Citizen

Postby azahru on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:40 am

Thanks Charles and congratulations to the team who got the gig... a little green monster gets its wings every time a comics creator gets a gig.

It's been really heartening for me to hear the details, so often these kinds of posts seem to turn out to be naught. I don't like feeling cynical and my optimism thanks you for choosing to provide us with more details. I look forward to seeing what unfolds.

Will you be allowed to tell us when the comic/movie comes out? ... or at least drop a series of mysterious hints based on painful puns.
Writer of poetry, prose, comics and song http://www.lizargall.com

Things Without Arms and Without Legs, comic about creatures who are kind https://thingswithout.wordpress.com/
azahru
Science Hero

Postby Charles on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:26 am

I'll make sure I post the details back here then. Don't get too cyncial at the (usually) deplorable state of the "comics profession". Just remember that you never started because of the money - you started because of you love of telling a story in a particular medium. Oh boy oh boy!
Charles
Citizen

Postby Oeleaus on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:03 am

Just remember that you never started because of the money - you started because of you love of telling a story in a particular medium. Oh boy oh boy!

hehehe... That's classic, Charles!
(remove the comma for effect)

As a side note, they should make standardized notation for sarcasm but that might spoil all the fun. Though I wasn't being sarcastic as that was genuinely funny.
Oeleaus
Superhero

Postby agent_x on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Hey moderators,

What is up with the increase in spam posts lately?
Perhaps there is a way we can mark stuff as spam, for your attention, so you can delete the posts?
agent_x
Superhero

Return to Sydney Creators Meetup