June 2006 Meeting

The Sydney mentor/mentee meetup hosted by Jozef Szekeres

Moderator: Jozef

June 2006 Meeting

Postby matt g on Thu May 18, 2006 2:00 pm

Will be held in the usual place:

Sydney Royal Exhibition Hotel. Right across from Central station - exit down past the platform 25 stairs to Chalmers Street. The hotel/pub is right across the street to the right. Head out to the garden seating in back (weather permitting).

Date: Tuesday, June 13.

6-ish pm general meetup, catchup and chat

7:00pm Jozef will be presenting a demo on painting in photoshop - good for anyone using (or planning to use) a wacom tablet who wants their digital work to look less "mouse painted".

Afterwards the standard show & tell for everyone's project progress.

Everyone welcome to attend, we're usually in the dining area where the kitchen is - only place with decent lighting.
matt g
Super Genius

Postby matt g on Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:30 pm

3 people turned up.

Matt Elder, Myself, and Simon.

'nuff said.
matt g
Super Genius

Postby Matt Elder on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:33 pm

3 people ... hmm...
Less talk, more do.
Matt Elder
http://www.mattelder.com
Matt Elder
Superhero

June Meeting

Postby Jozef on Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:47 pm

Well, I hope that the meeting of 3 was constructive to you all, and I hope that Simon as the youngest member was taken care of.

Sorry for not turning up, but I had unplanned family issues to deal with that prevented my attendance this one time. I'll do the presentation on hair next time.

Julie also could not make it that night, and rang through her apologies. As did Robert that night.

I guess it's not that good all 'round for so many usual members to have not turned up for one of the nights, but it's been a first in over a year that it has happened this way.

Next month I'm sure will have full attendance.

On the "sketch up" program that Matt g showed at the previous get together, I've found it to be a great 3D space creator. I've now used the program to create a 3D space with lovely tall columns for a painting I'm working on at my day job. It has taken away the pain of trying to work everything out in perspective, which I have never really enjoyed. Thanks to Matt for introducing it to the group. Now I need to find a usage for it in my comic work (which won't be too hard).
Best,
Jozef Szekeres
<www.blackmermaid.com>
<www.elf-fin.deviantart.com>
<www.jozefszekeresdolls.com>
ASA Graphic Novels / Comics Portfolio Holder
<www.asauthors.org>
Jozef
Hero

Return to Sydney Creators Meetup