Hey

The Sydney mentor/mentee meetup hosted by Jozef Szekeres

Moderator: Jozef

Hey

Postby occa on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Hey guys, I don't know if this is the correct place to post this. I'm looking for an artist to help me with a graphic novel I've written. I must add that I am a complete newb to the comic creation scene and I have little money to bring to the project. I just have an awesome story that needs to be told.
occa
Citizen

Re: Hey

Postby Tom on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:16 pm

Hi Occa.
Do you have any samples of your script/idea that can be posted up or linked to? This will be the best way to generate interest. ;)

I reckon the best way to get people interested is to try to get to a meet but that can be hard.
Tom
Science Hero

Postby occa on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:20 pm

If people would like to PM me I can give them a story outline.
occa
Citizen

Postby Tom on Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:00 pm

I hope I don't sound rude but you need to give a little bit more. It will save you and interested parties time if we know a bit about the story. This way you'll get genuinely interest from people who want to work on the type of script you have.
If you're worried about people stealling your ideas just send a copy of your script to yourself and don't open it. You then have a legal date attached to your work which no one can argue against.
;)
Tom
Science Hero

Postby occa on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:38 pm

I must say theft of my idea is a worry but I will be taking steps to alleviate that worry. I will be more forthcoming in the future. I can say that it is a film script at the moment with producer interest. I think that turning it into a graphic novel will be a lot of fun. I can't wait to see an artist bring my words to life.
occa
Citizen

Postby occa on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:44 pm

Tom I had a look at your work. It looks really good.
occa
Citizen

Postby Tom on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Cheers, mate.
Tom
Science Hero

Return to Sydney Creators Meetup