So who's printing theirs?

Forum for the 2005 OzComics 24 Hour Challenge. (ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

So who's printing theirs?

Postby Egofreaky on Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:23 pm

Just wondering who intends to clean up their 24Hr Challenge and get it printed.

I'm getting mine re-drawn by another OzTAKU artist who is vastly more talented than I, and sticking it together with a compiled book of OzTAKU no Brain comics... Sadly, they're all based around real life experiences.

Kenny's redrawing Strawberries Armour and turning it into a mini for the cons.

And as always, those who did manga comics are welcome to submit them to OzTAKU for publication in our mag (next deadline is August 15th) or to have them made into small run minis and distributed to the best of my ability.
Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:47 pm

As with my 'Captain Cosmos' that I made last year, I have, again, made my entry 'Slingshot Hill' up into a dodgy little mini comic (with two covers no less!) the best that Kinkos can buy. I only have a few but I was going to send them to Gavin and Emma at PhaseTwo if anyone's interested.

On the inside cover there is even little bios of the characters so it can maybe make more sense to y'all. If indeed it even does make sense on ANY level.

Caanan.
Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Postby thousanium on Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:56 pm

i was planning on rewriting and redrawing some pages of mine and including in my next mini comic, but now, i think i might just leave them in the state they're in.
thousanium
Superhero

Postby maggie on Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:17 am

I'll be fixing/cleaning and inking mine for printing later. I've layed out the cover, so just whenever I get around to it.
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Postby Kenny on Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:34 pm

Actually, scratch mine. After going over it again, I realise it's just too mediocre. I'll be spending my time on something else for the cons though.
Kenny
Superhero

Postby Stephen Bai on Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:33 pm

I was thinking about printing mine, I was thinking about black & white. But how to do the blood? I could go grey or benday dotting, but it would be good if I could get it printed with red as the only colour. I wonder if that's signifigantly cheaper than full colour.
If I did print though, naturally I'd neaten up all the other pages, redraw some stuff and add in a few scenes I ran out of time to do. Disturbing scenes.
Well, I don't want a renegade necrophile princess as MY roomate!
Stephen Bai
Hero

Postby jacen_c on Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:52 pm

I'm in the process of tidying up (and using a higher image quality) Legal Eagle in the hope of publishing it (really just for my own benefit). I ran out of time at the end of the competition and didn't get to use a lot of the script that I wrote. Here's a sneek peek of the cover.
Attachments
legaleagleCover4.jpg
(164.06 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
jacen_c
Galactic Superbeing

Postby makepeace on Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:12 pm

FWIW, The idea of an Australian Comic book week started as an incentive for people to print up their 24 hr comics. I've seen a few printed ones the last couple of years, but nothing like the amount that actually do the competition.
makepeace
Science Hero

Return to OzComics 24 Hr Challenge 2005