The Entries so far

Forum for the 2005 OzComics 24 Hour Challenge. (ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

The Entries so far

Postby mark selan on Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:57 pm

Because there are so many entries I've spent the day compiling all the entries so far
http://www.aussiecomics.com/24hr/entries.php

i'll update the entries tommorrow,when i start putting people in categories.

i haven't had a chance to properly got through and read everyone's entry (actually anyone's entry) but flicking through I'm amazed at the talent. All the effort is well worth it.

There are so far 69 threads started (not counting threads started in error) which is on par with last year, but there should be stacks of mail entries.

There will be a last random item tommorrow morning.
mark selan
Science Hero

Postby Edward J Grug III on Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:18 pm

Um, Mark, can I get mine listed as Edward J Grug III instead of Robert Forrest? Only if people are gonna come over from this interview they aren't gonna be able to find me...
Edward J Grug III
Evil Genius

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:17 pm

Thanks for making everything just that little bit easier for us, Mark. Excellent job. Reading them all is going to require a full day, at least. Especially for those of us with dodgy internet service. Which is everyone, isn't it?

Anywho... just wondering if you could change my link to go to my site rather than back to the forum? The site is home.iprimus.com.au/caanan/slingshot1.html

If it's possible.
Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Postby Troy Kealley on Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:41 pm

If anyone thinks they may not get through them alll... my advice is to start from the bottom. Some good comics down in the 'T's I've heard!!! :p
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
http://www.comicspace.com/radiotak/
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby XiaoLi on Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:00 am

Wow, quite a list.

If anyone is staying awake now, there is a Mr Bean marathon on the ABC... :)
XiaoLi
Superhero

Postby practicecactus on Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:37 am

I just wanted to say this: it was great to see people excited about making comics (myself included)
Being a newbie to this stuff , you hear people talk about this project and that project, but it was really great to see people loving it, and having fun, talking up each other, complimenting and all that stuff.
You know how you can hear a smile over the phone?, well, I could tell everyone was smiling on the net, on these threads.

And on a presonal note, I also wanted to add, as my first real foray into the comic world, I gotta say it was a blast!..and really great to see my stuff up there..a nice feeling.
And learned a lot too..for example...Do your comic panels First, then draw in them..not the other way round :D
and for this thing..have all your pens and stuff ready, before you start..I'm chucking that horrible felt tip that scanned all blue and shit, this minute.
lookin forward to next year.I'm thinking I'll take my time and make the most kick-arse 8 or 16 pager.
practicecactus
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby evil-santa on Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:44 am

yay this is fun...or maybe thats the lack of sleep talking....no wait...it is fun...18/ 24 now... im gonna finish a little early...hope thats cool....maybe ill do another entry for the 8 page if i have time....lol (high hopes!!!)
evil-santa
Citizen

Postby mark selan on Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:45 am

The 24 hour challenge is all well and good but it saddens me to no end when its the ONLY time most people make comics. i'm astounded at the quality of some of the entries and wonder how good would they if a proper amount of time was spent in there creation.

The 24 hour challenge should be the exhibition game, for a bit of a lark - not the grand final

(but if you ARE going to make comics once a year then do it for the challenge)
mark selan
Science Hero

Postby David Yardin on Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:40 am

Maybe you just need to supply a random word, every day of the year.
David Yardin
Super Genius

Postby Rosalinda on Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:24 am

I'll be looking forward to next year's, maybe if I'm lucky I'll have a scanner or can beg someone to collaborate with me. :D

I think I speak for everyone when I say this was freakin' awesome.
Rosalinda
Hero

Postby mark selan on Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:15 pm

The entries page has been updated with people who started last night, it also incudes entries that have been updated, these entries are bolded

http://www.aussiecomics.com/24hr/entries.php

Grug - I've listed you under both (and since Grug uses a pen name professionally he'll be the only person who will have 2 entries - so don't bother asking)

Calnan - Sorry, if i link to your webpage, then i have to link to everyone's webpage and I'll be here all day following links.

David - (a little secret between you and me, tomorrow the random item is "turnoffthexboxanddrawplease" its a latin word means the opposite to procrastinate. :))

Rosalinda - (i've never heard the name rosalinda - its great) Thanks for joining in from across the sea, hope to see you here next year. And if i may how did you find out about the challenge?
mark selan
Science Hero

Postby just some chick on Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:01 pm

I want to look at all the entries, but I must finish...!

I told Rosalinda about it while I was drawing my first few pages, and I heard from Pirotess. :D So thank her for it all!
just some chick
Superhero

Postby Rosalinda on Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:32 pm

just some chick wrote:I want to look at all the entries, but I must finish...!

I told Rosalinda about it while I was drawing my first few pages, and I heard from Pirotess. :D So thank her for it all!

Yup, blame her for my presence.

And I swear I'll figure out what I'm doing for next year. And figure out what a kipper is. :roll:
Rosalinda
Hero

Postby Edward J Grug III on Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:06 pm

mark selan wrote:Grug - I've listed you under both (and since Grug uses a pen name professionally he'll be the only person who will have 2 entries - so don't bother asking)

Wow, thanks Mark, sorry to be painful!
Edward J Grug III
Evil Genius

Postby practicecactus on Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:32 pm

Bloody Primadonna types..
Pff..even I used my real name.
practicecactus
Destroyer of Worlds

Next

Return to OzComics 24 Hr Challenge 2005