[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Patrick Alexander, TITLE , Sydney (ADULT)

Patrick Alexander, TITLE , Sydney (ADULT)

Forum for the 2005 OzComics 24 Hour Challenge. (ARCHIVED - READ ONLY)

The Net is Dangerous

Postby DNABeast on Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:30 am

Any decent parent doesn't let their child stay up watching TV past seven thirty without constantly looking over their shoulder to make sure that the content is suitable.

Any standard human being also knows that the internet is a place where it's pretty much impossible to avoid being exposed to "Hot and Horny Sluts" and a picture of a man dilating his anus to unfeasable widths.

I believe that since the Internet is uncensorable, then if anyone wants their children to be protected then they're going to have to do it themselves.

IT'S THE FUCKING INTERNET FOR GOD'S SAKE!!

I mean seriously, You clicked on the word 'Cunt' to get in here in the first place.
Dan
http://www.invisiblespiders.com
Get 'em Off Me Man!
DNABeast

Postby shoujobill on Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:12 pm

And I think that's the most salient point ANYONE has made about the content contained within this comic.

Sure it's offensive and morally outrageous and really has no redeeming features whatsoever (apart from being hilariously hilarious), but the thing is called CUNT! for frying out loud.

Besides, anyone who lets their children read anything "because it's a comic and all comics are funny and harmless" deserves to have their child's mind "broadened" buy works such as CUNT!

Bill
shoujobill
Citizen

Postby Kinoko on Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:46 pm

I just joined this forum specifically so I could say how totally cool you are, maggie. I've only been reading this thread because Patrick forced me to on pain of killing my kitten, but I'm glad to see someone so cool runs this place.

Also, Bill and DNA both make an excellent point, and I agree.

Plus, hi Komala! ^_^

Oh, and David, I don't mean this in an offensive way at all, but perhaps sex could solve your problem.
Kinoko
Sidekick

Postby Anomic on Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:28 pm

Action reveals character
Anomic
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby David Yardin on Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:06 pm

|
David Yardin
Super Genius

Postby practicecactus on Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:15 pm

Jeeze Mr Yardin, just cause you're one sexxxy he bitch, doen't mean everyone wants to sleep with you.

I wish I could sign up with my real name, but somebodys already taken that.

P.S, any offers to sleep with me will be considered.
|
practicecactus
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Patrick Alexander on Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:35 pm

It seems my comic has become the catalyst for a topical debate. I don't mind that at all. People are talking, so there must be something that needs talking about. I assume no-one will mind if I add my two cents.

I don't mean to pooh-pooh anyone's contributions to the discussion, but it seems to me that so far, the points that people have raised -- important though they may be -- are only peripheral to what I perceive to be the real issue here: I, Patrick Alexander, am completely irresistible to women.

I can't go shopping or walk to work without some hottie dropping something for me to pick up, or becoming suddenly visibly frustrated with her wristwatch and asking me the time -- or just outright propositioning me. Goths, indie rock chicks, club hotties, schoolgirls... They all look the same after a while. Even the married, middle-aged asians who bag my groceries blush and laugh and throw out any topic of conversation they can think of that might detain me for just a few moments more. And yeah, I've done a few. I've done fat girls, ugly girls, pensioners -- anything to break the monotony. I avoid going to the toilet at work, because being accosted by female co-workers in the stalls for a quickie just isn't exciting anymore.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. All I'm trying to convey is that never in my life have I beheld a dry pair of panties. Even as a child, my 15-year-old babysitters quickly learned to bring a change of clothes. And of course I had no clue about anatomy at that age. When I lost my virginity, it was anal. And it's not like she corrected me. I'll never know what it's like to be teased: Every woman I meet becomes immediately desperate to have my erect penis inserted into whichever of her orifices I deem worthy. Usually just having my body pressed against hers is enough to make her eyes roll back in their sockets. Again, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining about this. I have it pretty good, I know. There are plenty of people in the world worse off than me.

Anyway -- I've said my piece, and I hope no-one's offended. Like the rest of you, I just want to get this whole thing cleared up so that we can all get back to drawing great comics. But of course, as always, I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on how very, very attractive I am.

In the meantime, I'm going to re-read everyone's entries, to prepare for voting!
Patrick Alexander
Superhero

Postby XiaoLi on Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:54 pm

Upon reading the above post, I became convinced that Patrick's mind works on a metaphysical plane completely separate from those of mere mortals such as ourselves.
XiaoLi
Superhero

Yep yep.

Postby Morlonic on Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:51 pm

The drawings look fantastic.

The story was interesting.

The swearing was abundant.

I liked it.

Iain.M
This isn't as noisy as other things.
Morlonic
Citizen