[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - The day after...

The day after...

Supanova convention notes and news http://supanova.com.au

Moderator: maggie

Postby Skye on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:32 am

Skye Ogden
Art Director, Gestalt Publishing
www.gestaltcomics.com
Skye

Postby Egofreaky on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:55 am

I've noticed everyone's got the same common issue: Feeling tired...

Seriously, I ALWAYS have a small pharmucopia of caffeinated substances on hand... If you're feeling low, swing by the OzTAKU table, and if I'm there, I'm happy to part with something.
Chances are I won't be giving out energy drinks entirely for free (hey, they cost me money after all), but I generally have a number of pills or chewing gum all designed for a buzz.
Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Postby Laocorn on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:22 am

"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby ChrisWahl on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:31 am

ChrisWahl
Evil Genius

Postby Gestalt Comics on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:47 am

Having an 'exotic' American at your booth who yells "hey, buy my book!" at people is also apparently a good way to make money from a con... :)

Just as a sidenote hijack, some people apparently think the official launch for Waldo is on Saturday night -- I'd just like to clear this up -- it's on FRIDAY 4th April 2008 from 6pm at Brunswick Bound! Don't want screaming hordes turning up on Saturday night only to be disappointed. So, if you missed out on drinking with Bones and myself during the con, or simply wish to relive the experience, then Brunswick Bound on Friday night is the place to be!
Gestalt Comics
Superhero

Postby apple head on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:48 am

So the general concensus is that people are happy that there's a comic convention, but feel it could be much better?

I have a feeling a lot of it might be the voulanteers and other staff. Anybody giving their time up to work for free is awesome!! Still the Brisbane shows seem to go off with the least amount of trouble and best organisation, while the Sydney ones always have something that people complain about. So I'm just guessing someone in Brisbane is doing a better job on the floor then in Sydney. Curious to see how Perth does. I have a feeling that if it does well, maybe it's just a small town thing, where many big events choose to go to Sydney and Melbourne in favour of them, and well Supanova brings more excitement tyere.

I've been to two conventions in Korea, and quite frankly they are kinda bland. I dunno about the Seoul ones though. I'm guessing they are bigger there, but Busan is the size of Sydney and a 1 hour boat ride from Japan, surely it would attract something better. Anyway it made me miss Supanova, but San Diego, might proove different! Can't wait for that :D
apple head
Super Genius

Postby Li'l Sketchy on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:19 am

Li'l Sketchy
Science Hero

Postby Egofreaky on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:21 am

Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Postby bluetoaster on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:28 am

bluetoaster
Master of Time

Previous