[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - Dan and Pete & Boys Will Be Boys

Dan and Pete & Boys Will Be Boys

News, gossip, plugs and pleads about webcomics, be it yours or someone else's.

Dan and Pete & Boys Will Be Boys

Postby Gavin Aung Than on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:26 am

Hi there,

I've got a new website up that features my two strips, Dan and Pete and Boys Will be Boys. Dan and Pete is a superhero parody and is currently being published in Perth in The Sunday Times and Boys Will Be Boys is a humour dating strip that runs in mX newspapers in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
http://www.gatoons.com features my complete archives, some new material and is updated twice a week.

Check it out!
Thanks
Gav
GROUPshot.gif
Gatoons: The home of Dan and Pete and Boys Will Be Boys
Gavin Aung Than
Citizen

Re: Dan and Pete & Boys Will Be Boys

Postby Greg Gates on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:10 pm

Awesome stuff GAT. I'll be sure to visit lots.
Greg Gates
Super Genius

Postby Gavin Aung Than on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Thanks Greg! Glad you like it and extra credit for figuring out what the GAT stands for.

Gav
Gavin Aung Than
Citizen

Postby Dean Rankine on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi! And welcome :)

Dean Rankine
Evil Genius

Postby Gavin Aung Than on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:28 pm

Thanks Dean - apologies it's taken me so long to join up - Looking forward to being part of the community. And that's some great comics you've got there.
Gavin Aung Than
Citizen

Postby J Marc on Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:18 pm

Hey, you're the mX guy! I was pleased when I saw they started running a comic in that paper by a local artist, that's pretty big for an Australian paper nowadays. Good stuff, and welcome to the boards.
J Marc
Superhero

Postby Gavin Aung Than on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:11 pm

Thanks J Marc - pleasure to meet you all - i've been doing my strips in almost total isolation so it's great to meet other local artists.
Gavin Aung Than
Citizen

Postby AndreiB on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:44 am

Man I remember heading straight to Dan and Pete when we got the Sunday Times back in Perth. It was the only fresh serial comic going in their liftout. I read Torkan too, but that was for the unintentional hilarity of it all. Your expressions are top notch. :D
AndreiB
Superhero

Postby Gavin Aung Than on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:49 pm

Thanks Andrei! appreciate it - now you can read Dan and Pete without being in Perth - and the strips look better on the computer screen too.

Thanks for the support.
Gavin Aung Than
Citizen

Postby AndreiB on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:39 pm

It deserves the support. ;)

Has there been any talk about seeing the Dan and Pete move interstate to any of the other News Limited state papers? News Ltd have quite a few state-separate papers (they own/manage the Sunday Times) and I'm sure with how many years Dan and Pete have been running they wouldn't see any risk in saying yes and replacing one of those yankee strips with something more local.
AndreiB
Superhero

Postby Gavin Aung Than on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:33 am

I've sent it to both local and international syndicates but i haven't tried pitching Dan and Pete direct to other papers. I'm planning on it though. Not sure if you're familar with mX (also owned by News Ltd) but I have another strip that runs in there every friday. I checked out your comic on Etsy - looks great - keep it up!
Visit www.gatoons.com and post some comments if you like - i'm always looking for more feedback.
Thanks!
Gavin Aung Than
Citizen

Postby AndreiB on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:52 am

I can only grab mX on weekends when I can get into the city. But the next time I'm in there on Friday I'll keep an eye out. You should definitely talk to someone at the Sunday Times about referring you to the other papers. I'm sure there are editors all over country wondering why they're running Modesty Blaise next to Garfield.
AndreiB
Superhero

Return to Chat About: Webcomics