Ever played a digital card game before? (online or console)

Magic, Warhammer, etc. - Chat about the games, where to play and organise meetups.

Ever played a digital card game before? (online or console)

Postby projectmw on Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:29 pm

If you have could you please take the time to answer a few questions about the game's interface. You can answer the questions again if you play more than 1 card game. It's to help me make my own card game which (hopefully) will be completed by the end of this year. You can post the answers here or PM me. Thanks :D

I myself have played Magic the Gathering, Pokemon Cards, Monster Rancher Cards, various YuGiOh games, Triple Triad, Tetra Master (still don't really get the rules of it though :p ), Kingdom Hears Chain of Memories (more action than cards but what the heck). Haven't played Metal Gear Ac!d cos I don't have a psp (yet) but it looks awesome :|>

Anyways questions:

Name of digital Card game:

Interface rating: /10

You prefer the interface to: (delete other answer)

* Have more space/ have more content on screen
* Be more aligned/ be more interestingly placed
* Have everything accessible on the one screen/ have info on other screens you navigate to
*Be really simple and easy to learn/ be more sophisticated
*Be as strong as the visuals and game play/ just be in the background supporting everything else

What do you like most about the interface?

What do you hate most about interface?

Any positive/negative experiences you’ve had with the interface?

Any improvements you’d like on the interface?

Final comments/summary about the interface:
projectmw
Sidekick

Postby ninjacat on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:25 pm

I've played the YuGiOh thing on the game boy and I didn't know what was going on. It was like "Okay big guy attack, and now he's exploded for some strange reason".
Interface looked fairly strait forward, 4 places for the people I can fight with and 4 places for spells, but I should probably have read the rules and played it for more than 10 minutes.

I'm showing my age an nerddom a bit but I played first edition Magic the Gathering in primary school and high school but that was with actual cards. I like the system in Magic the Gathering as it's easy to figure out. I tried playing it again recently but it's all screwy now, I'm not exactly sure why.

Other than that I've lost $10 on video poker (swear those things are riged).
ninjacat
Hero

Postby projectmw on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:46 pm

cool, you wanna do the survey for me for that yugioh game? Would really appreciate the input.

I knew about Magic from in cousin in primary school, then bought a deck and played with my mates in high school. (I still have the deck :D) Then I tried Magic Online for my research... it had it's good points. :D
projectmw
Sidekick

Postby ninjacat on Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:55 am

I’m not sure how useful it will be but I’ll give it a go.

Name of digital Card game: Yugioh

Interface rating: 7/10

You prefer the interface to: (delete other answer)

* have more content on screen
*be more interestingly placed
*have info on other screens you navigate to
*Be really simple and easy to learn
* just be in the background supporting everything else

What do you like most about the interface?
Once I figured it out it was reasonably strait forward (I just couldn’t figure out why my monsters kept being killed).

What do you hate most about interface?
That I didn’t have a mouse, a mouse would have been useful.

Any positive/negative experiences you’ve had with the interface?
The turn process needs to be made clearer i.e. in the draw part of the turn you can access all other cards but not do anything other than draw which was kind of annoying.

Any improvements you’d like on the interface?
More animation and pretty pictures, I likes pretty pictures.

Final comments/summary about the interface:
It was good I guess but then again I didn’t play it for long or really get into it.

Hope this helps.
ninjacat
Hero

Return to RPG & Card Games