What are you playing?

What are you playing?

Postby Pirotess on Tue May 24, 2005 9:33 pm

I can't believe how dead this forum is, so here's an attempt at bringing it back somewhat...

I kind of go through games at a ridiculous rate and import them as well. Right now I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (PS2), Kessen 3 (PS2) and Baten Kaitos (Gamecube) the most.
Komala Singh

Hayase! | Twitter | LiveJournal
Pirotess
Super Genius

Postby David Tang on Tue May 24, 2005 11:15 pm

I get bored of games easily, and actually like the aniticipation of owning a game than the actual act of playing it. Weird huh?

Having said that, I've been recently been playing Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - haven't gotten very far yet, but it's cool. I tried playing Ocarina of time months ago but gave up after getting stuck in one of the dungeons. Similarly I haven't finished Wind Waker yet, I'm stuck at Ganondorf - his puppet form. I guess I'll come back to that one day...

Hey cool you have Baiten Katos! I haven't finished Symphonia yet (got bored quite early on actually - sorry!), but I'm keen to steal Baiten off you when you're done. I can't wait for all the great DS games that were shown at E3 (like New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart, Superstar Saga 2, Meteos - oh man so much goodness...).
David Tang
Superhero

Postby Pirotess on Tue May 24, 2005 11:18 pm

Heheh, we just started playing BK, but you're welcome to borrow it once we're done! We need to give Paper Mario 2 back to you, too.

I have to agree with you on the DS games, they're looking pretty hot. I'd look forward to a PS3 title or two a bit more if I knew they weren't just marketing the existence of the games, rather than the games themselves (read: Metal Gear Solid 4 and Devil May Cry 4).
Komala Singh

Pirotess
Super Genius

Postby Aaron on Wed May 25, 2005 7:48 am

I'm all excited by the PS3 game trailers. Wow they look great... But I'm still addicted to Battlefield Vietnam. Just can't help myself. :)
Aaron
Super Genius

Postby Dutch on Wed May 25, 2005 5:50 pm

I've gone back recently to playing Civilization 3. I don't play games all that much any more.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Dutch
Hero

Postby Fink on Wed May 25, 2005 8:15 pm

Nothing new here. I think I stopped playing new releases about 6 or 7 years ago.

I'm still playing the odd bout of the original Unreal Tournament for instant gratification. Occasionally I'll play Robot Arena 2 but not enough to get my mod packs together & upload them to my site, much to the annoyance of fellow RA2'ers. I should resurrect Carmageddon 2, I miss that.

I've been having major Ultima Online withdrawls lately. It's been a while since I played but I'm very aware of how all-consuming it can get so I'm trying not to think about it. :x
Fink
Superhero

Postby David Tang on Wed May 25, 2005 8:24 pm

Have you guys heard of the PC game called "Spore"? I think it was announced at E3 this year, and is by a guy called Will Wright, who I believe was behind "The Sims". The concept's awesome - you start off as a single celled oragnism, and as the game progresses you evolve into more complex creatures. Each evolution is affected by the decisions you make ie the shape and size of your creature, whether it's carnivourous or a herbivore. After a while they start to form tribes and learn how to use tools... later still they form cities etc, after you take over the earth, you can then conquer other planets within the solar system, and after that your creatures can take over the entire galaxy. I'm not sure how the game will actually play, but the concept is really intriguing. Check out http://pc.ign.com/articles/617/617441p1.html for more information.
David Tang
Superhero

Postby Fink on Wed May 25, 2005 8:39 pm

Ahh yeah, "Spore" sounds pretty cool. I heard about it through a friend but for one reason or another I never followed it up. Thanks for the link.
Fink
Superhero

Postby Troy Kealley on Wed May 25, 2005 9:07 pm

On PS2 just completed 'The Getaway' - absolutely awesome, looking forward to grabbing 'Black Monday' for more London Carnage! 'Max Payne' is also nice and brutal.

On PC we do the computer geek thing at work and play network games every Friday after 5. We've just got over a spell of racing games - Need for Speed Underground 2 and TOCA (in both cases because we could race the cars we actually own!), complete extremes in realism vs playability. But we've actually gone back a bit and started back on Command and Conquer Generals - brilliant with about 6 players all vying for control, making temporary truces then backstabbing each other - with comments like 'Hey - you're attacking me - you didn't declare war!' - 'What I'm supposed to give you warning!?!' "Hey we said no Nukes" - 'It was just a little one'
Troy Kealley

My scribblings:
http://www.comicspace.com/radiotak/
Troy Kealley
Robot Overlord!

Postby Pirotess on Wed May 25, 2005 10:25 pm

If I remember correctly, Will Wright's aim in "Spore" was to take all of the addictive elements of various hit games and roll them into one. If he gets it right, he's probably set for life!

If you're feeling old-school you should grab an emulator and try "E.V.O." for the SNES. Strangest evolutionary RPG I've ever played.
Komala Singh

Pirotess
Super Genius

Postby Edward J Grug III on Wed May 25, 2005 10:52 pm

Video Game wise, I'm all about the Nintendo DS at the moment.

Super Mario 64 DS
Mr Driller
Project Rub
Zoo Keeper
and
Wario Ware

Thought all the best games haven't are still waiting to be launched, like Animal Crossing DS, Tetris DS, Lost In The Blue and so many more...
Edward J Grug III
Evil Genius

Postby Laocorn on Thu May 26, 2005 10:00 am

I just finished Jedi Academy the other night, now I'm gonna try and jump back into Soul Reaver 2, because I've got Legacy of Kain 2 sitting in my pile still to be loaded :P

Also still playing through Aliens Vs Predator 2, Doom 3 and Celebarity Deathmatch when I really, really, really get board.

Been meaning to get Half-Life 2 but I may need to upgrade my notebook before that.
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby David Tang on Thu May 26, 2005 10:53 pm

Actually all this video game talk has made me feel bad about not making more comics. We should make it that everytime you finish a video game, you're not allowed to play another until you've made (write, pencil, ink etc.) 10 pages of comics. Think of the output!
David Tang
Superhero

Postby Edward J Grug III on Thu May 26, 2005 11:34 pm

Some of us are already updating daily comic

;)
Edward J Grug III
Evil Genius

Postby Laocorn on Sat May 28, 2005 10:30 am

And the rest of us are busy playing video games :p
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Next

Return to Video Games