At the third stroke...

Suggestions, ideas or problems on the forums. Feel free to post em here. (Please PM Maggie for urgent issues)

Moderator: maggie

At the third stroke...

Postby Philip Bentley on Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:20 pm

Hey Maggie,

Maybe this is one of these weird time zone issues, but it looks to me like the Forum is an hour ahead of Eastern Standard Time (Aust) and I wonder if living over yonder you never changed it back at the end of Daylight Saving. That is assuming that the time used here is meant to be Eastern Standard Australian.

Curious Phil
Philip Bentley
Super Genius

Postby Soon on Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:15 pm

Checking on the time...

ETA: Check came up just fine. Posted at 17:15, stamped at 17:15. Is your profile setting to +10 GMT?
Soon
Super Genius

Postby Philip Bentley on Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:52 pm

Tell me if I'm doing something wrong here, but I can't find any mention of time in my profile. It does say GMT +11 at the top of the forums, though ,and I assumed this was a general setting, rather than one specific to me.

PHIL
Philip Bentley
Super Genius

Postby Timothy Raven on Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:02 pm

Philip, after you have logged in click on the profile button. When your profile comes up you will see sections with yellow headings. The third one down is headed Preferences. At the bottom of this section it has a choice called Timezone which you can set. After that hit the submit button and it should update your profile/preferences. If you're not logged in the time aways shows +11 GMT.
Timothy Raven
Superhero

Postby maggie on Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:56 am

Holy Frijoles, you guys are on top of things. hehe

And you're all right.
Everyone can/should set their respective time zone in their profile.
But, yes, I had it still set to global GMT+11
I've changed it to GMT+10 and hopefully I'll remember to set it back when the time DST again.

Maggie
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Return to Suggestions or Issues