Comikaze 2010 - world domination

Suggestions, ideas or problems on the forums. Feel free to post em here. (Please PM Maggie for urgent issues)

Moderator: maggie

Comikaze 2010 - world domination

Postby antains on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:10 am

I had a dream last night that we once again organised Comikaze too late and didn't get the interest that we wanted.

Anyone willing to start nutting out the promotion of this contest?

Ant.
I shouldn't be here.
antains
Evil Genius

Re: Comikaze 2010 - world domination

Postby Egofreaky on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:05 am

Not to drag away from Comikaze, because I'll support that as best I can, but I just want to throw in a quick word re DoujiCon.

Previously, Doujicon's been at the end of July as it gave people a good 6 weeks to actually finish off, polish up, and then produce their 24hr comics. That was pretty much the intention of it at any rate. People were still riding high on having created something, but weren't so stressed out about it or sick of it due to its immediacy or perceived flaws.

As DoujiCon is no longer in that wonderful end-of-july period *shakes a fist at AVCon*, but rather early May, it's basically the exact WRONG time of year to be running it if I'm wanting people to rock up with freshly created work...
Which is why over on the OzTAKU forums, we're currently tossing about the idea of having our own challenge of some kind and probably going to hold it shortly after this first round of SupaNovas, so people actually have some fresh produce to sell.

If anyone thinks that this is an amazingly stupid move on our part, I'd like to know (elucidating on your reasons would be appreciated).

In regards to the Comikaze challenge, if I can get some info on what it is that we offer to potential sponsors, I'll see if I can drum up some interest from a few of the more left-field contacts I have.
Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Comic & Drawing days

Postby LauraSeabrook on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:44 am

Last year, it coincided with Drawing Day, and that may be the case this year (it's on the 5th June). If so, then perhaps Comikaze could be advertised on that page.

There's also 24 Hour Comic Day which is on a different time of the year. Perhaps some reciprocal advertising there might help.
LauraSeabrook
Evil Genius

Return to Suggestions or Issues